Cookeville -CAVS

disgustedfan

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was proud of the way we bounced back with our effort. Anthony Ford is going to have a very good year with that wilson Central team. We play Antioch and Mt. Juliet on Thursday in the Wilson County Tourney. Obviously, it will be two good teams. I am sure one of the Shao boys will throw the second game. Antioch will be tough. Looking forward to seeing how we compete tomorrow. In Orlando, we will try to update our website each day.

In the first game against Antioch it was pethetic. Antioch threw a babe ruth type pitcher throwing about 73 and the Cavs got only about 6 hits and were shut out. Barrett Steakley threw a great five innings for the Cavs giving up only one run in the first. I think they only had like 3 hits. It was just a nonenthusiastic game all around for the Cavs as seemingly no one could stay back and hit it. That was one that they will hopefully quickly forget. In the second game they played a great Mt. Juliet team and lost 3-1. Wade did a decent job for his first varsity start, but made some costly sophomore mistakes that probably cost them the game. They unfortunately had to go up against Vanderbelt signee Stephen Shao who threw a complete game and he was in lesser words "dominant". The Cavs had over 10 strikeouts as a team and only like 3 hits. They are back in action on Saturday @ 12:00 at Mt. Juliet again but not sure who they will play.

Guest howboutthemcavs

Best of Luck Coach Hunt ! I played some for coach little back is the late 80's and if your family wasnt elite forget it, he was a pathetic brown noser. we had success back then but he ran so much talent off of the team it was crazy. my classic small town politics story of cookeville baseball is in 1991 a sophmore who's dad had just recently donated a butt load of money to the program starts on opening day ahead of carl dale and david peek, Dale pitched in Major's and Peek pitched in the minor leagues. Once again good luck Coach Hunt!! GO CAVS, It is a trip for me, I got to Coach your seniors now back in minor league all stars, we got 2nd place...the Adam twins, and Cook were awesome then too. Is M. Mullins playing and B.Cowan..they were real good too.

Cowan and Mullins are not playing. Thanks for the luck, we could use some right now. We are very inconsistent right now, but hopefully we will play through it. Alcorn and Bilbrey have looked great early, but there is along way to go yet. We will keep playing hard and good things will happen.