Cookeville -CAVS

disgustedfan

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be another rumor, but I hear that principle Shanks is coming back or wanting to come back and coach again. Anyone else heard this? Hunt is doing a fine job, just seems to have a hard time getting upper classmen to buy into him.(but then again, if players don't perform, who gets canned?) Don't count on the underclassmen being a whole lot better with parents, they are some of the same ones that are senior parents now. (especially the ones that seem to have all the pull around the athletic programs ) :o

Guest howboutthemcavs

please....their is no way he will stick his neck out for that job!!!! GO CAVS !!! work hard and practice hard, and ban the dads with money from the field !!

Thanks for staying positive coach! It's hard work and a continuing positive attitude that will bring CAVS baseball out of obscurity and into a winning tradition. It appears as if some great young talent is on the way, so the years to come might be fun at Cookeville. How is Drew Cook? I expected him to be a solid performer this year but have read very little about him. Is he injured?

A host of people do appreciate your sacrifice to be at Cookeville while your family is in another city. Your sleeping in your classroom? I am not sure many of the critics on this board would be willing to give up their bed to coach a program that has been known for confusion. I have talked to several and they assure me that your not going anywhere unless you want to. So keep your head up- train our kids, put the nine on the field who want to play regardless of grade and turn this thing around.

Guest slawdawg

THe last thing we need is Shanks to be thrown into the picture. Baxter is not Cookeville. Head up Coach Hunt, but always watch your back. True -Chaffin is best baseball mind around period!!! Go Cavs and a note to parents--KEEP OUT OF WHAT DOES NOT CONCERN YOU! ENCOURAGE,SUPPORT,WATCH,AND ENJOY THE GAMES BUT YOU ARE NOT THE COACH AND LET THE MAN THAT IS DO HIS JOB WITHOUT YOUR INPUT!

Coach Hunt has done a great job with the program, and the team is coming together. It's all about to turn around. I dont think that he should even worry about next year, because Coach Hunt will have a winning program, and the kids want him to stay. Parents should keep their mouths shut, because they should agree with the coaches decisions and help the team instead of creating all of this negative talk.