Top 5 in 2A in 03

highschoolfan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which GP are you referring to? Gatlinburg-Pittman is moving down to 2A next year and should be considered an immediate contender.

Posted by highschoolfan:

Who will rise to the top, wiil it be a race between DL and Gps or will others enter the mix? State your top 5 here.

DL

Tyner

GP

Sweetwater

Marion CO.

Picking a top 5 Dbl A team is easy in tenn. First you pick the obvious 3 privates or academies (non-financial aid of course).

1.Tyner

1.Goodpasture

1.D.Lip

then you can fill in the rural schools that AA was originally intended for:

2.Milan

3.Union City

4.Lewis Co.

5.McKenzie

[Edited by DanPatrick on 2-13-03 9:41A]

Tyner, Goodpasture, David Lipscomb, Milan, and Westview are always favorites to win 2A. Of course Gatlinburg-Pittman will be a heavy favorite coming down from 3A. My opinion is that this is the year that the small rural school dominates 2A. I think that Sweetwater will not rebuild but reload. Also Polk County will continue to suprise the state by continuing to win despite not having the athletes that other schools have. My pics in the east right now are in the Q-finals, it will be Tyner and Polk County, and Sweetwater and Alcoa. In the semis it will be Polk against Sweetwater with Polk finaly making it to State.