POLL: Should Softball be moved to a fall sport?

rSquared

NO! I am a parent and a fan, but if we go to the fall then we are going against football and our girls have been playing travel ball all summer. I think some states do well with it for me I would like to keep it like it is. Plus our basketball season starts early and I think it would be hard to play as many games as we play now. Yep we did get to practice today (inside) but it would have been better outside but lets keep it as it is and think sunny days! :):):)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote no because the real athletes play other sports such as volleyball or soccer, and this would cause a conflict. In other words, let them play as many as they can without having to focus on just 1 sport. To many athletes are just focusing on 1 sport when they could be helping other sports teams. I am a high school coach and I am sharing one of my athletes with the tennis team, sharing athletes is better for the program as a whole. Baseball and softball should both be played in the spring because they are "sister" sports. Another reason is for selfishness, and that reason being that towards the end of summer ball, girls get burned out, and I would not want my girls being burned out at the end of the high school season, sorry summer coaches.