four-time state champs

mtnman

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny Hill won 3 state titles wrestling for either LFO or Rossville, in North Georgia. Then won his fourth title, as a senior, wrestling for East Ridge. He's now at UTC getting his degree in preparation for a career coaching wrestling. Something tells me he's going to be good.

IF Keller and Simpson had wrestled in the state finals against each other in 2000 at 125, which one would not have ended up as a 4 time champion. I know, I know it's an old debate but still interesting considering Phillips outstanding freshman sophomore years at Army and Matt's status as a reserve for a very competitive Nebraska team.

[Edited by takedown3 on 2-13-03 6:18P]

Guest 1moretime

takedown3 for your info. keller is red shirting. and not cause he got beat out but the coaches want him to get a year of college and college life under his beltand an extra year to wrestle.i promise the lineup is tougher to get into at nebraska than west point.

I am taking nothing away from anyone that attends Nebraska, but as a former cadet at the United States Air Force Academy I can tell you that Simpson going to West Point has a lot more to do with being an officer in the United States Army than wrestling. You talk to any athlete at any of the four service academies, and their duty to their country is number one. As we say it at Air Force, "Integrity first, Service before self, and Excellence in all we do." I commend both wrestlers on their accomplishments thus far, but I would like to thank Simpson for what he has chosen to do for our country. Attending a service academy is a sacrifice. One must sacrifice their own personal life(family, friends, freedom), so that you can enjoy your everyday freedoms. When I was at Air Force, my roommate had a quote that read, "I gave up my freedom, so that you can have yours."

Good luck to all this weekend!

Guest JESUSISLIFE2

out of all of those I feel that wells is the best wrestler bacause he won two state titles in Pennsylvania which is by far a better wrestling state than Tennessee. It is very rare for a freshman to win state anywhere so all of them are great. On one other note I believe simpson was better than keller. Just look at their placings at high school nationals. By the way did simpson or keller ever go to fargo?