George Plaster suspended?

southernpride

He's got everyone snowed under. Plaster knows how to talk about 3 things:

1. the braves

2. the time he spent in memphis

3. paul hoolihan and his getting "fired" at vanderbilt

what amazes me is how he is treated as a celeb -especially by people who don't live in nashville...i am telling you he is popular because he's the only game in town...if somebody with a strong signal went up against them the ratings book would change quickly...george loves sports and he's personable...but he needs to be knocked off his high horse a few notches...this has been long overdue

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plaster is terrible. Whenever he gets told by a caller, he just tries to get the last word in and then hangs up. He still holds a grudge against Vandy and bad-mouths them all the time. Joe Biddle, is allright, but Fulton just acts like he knows everything, despite not knowing much at all. Nashville sports talk is just plain bad right now.

George, I agree is sometimes a bit quirky. Joe Biddle is an opinionated horses rear. With the exception of Willie, none of the sportsnight staff have any real experience in coaching or playing the various games. If you are looking for entertainment, the show is OK. If you are looking for true insight to sport, Willie is you best bet of the 4, Biddle is the worst, and George is a poor mans P.T. Barnum!

If you people say Plaster is sooooo bad...then why are his ratings soooo good??? His show is awesome! I think Blake gets a little excited sometimes and loses his train of thought, and Joe Biddle is excellent! Joe could host his own show!!! George Plaster is an excellent guy overall, I do not know why he is suspended, but I am sure whatevder happened, there is a good reason behind what he did and what the management did! Look forward to hearing you again soon, George!!!

I enjoy SportsNight, ususlly every night. Too bad its on WWTN (Gaylord). These are the same people who wanted to take the Grand Old Opry off of WSM-AM. Hey folks, I've always known it as WSM's Grand Old Opry. They would have taken the Opry off if there hadn't have been a uprising by by thousands of people nationwide. Next, they do away with Mr. Partin on RaceNight. Always came on on Monday nights, and always had a good audience with a great call in session. Now they have a racing show on Sunday afternoons following races with 3 people I have never heard of hosting. Mr. Partin has been in the racing industry (business) for years & years, and knows all the insiders in Nascar. The new hosts don't know anything about racing except for whats in the script. ANYHOW--This is Gaylord Broadcasting, what do you expect.

If it is a personality issue, than my guess is that Fulton's idol-worshiping of Biddle got in the way of the show. My guess is that Fulton caused problems.

The show will be an easy target for a competitor if the rift is not healed.

Mike Keith could do an excellent show in Nashville. He would be an authority on Tennessee sports, and he has an excellent on-air voice and personality.

Could this whole thing stem from an on-air reply that Blake made about Vanderbilt's lack of a winning basketball tradition? The caller said he felt like they had one when C.M. Newton coached at Vandy. Fulton replied rather snotly that he didn't consider C.M. a coach with a winning tradition. George then interjected that Hold on C.M. IS a member of the college basketball hall of fame. Blake then said with much sarcasm, ohh I've picked on your boy C.M. George then shot back what's with the remark about C.M. being my boy!

You could tell they were about to get into it! Is this what this is all about?

I don't like Blake Fulton. I think he comes across as a knowitall who if your opinion is different from his then YOU are wrong. BUT

Fellas if this is what this is all about......GROW-UP in this country you are allowed to have a different opinion!

That's what I think......you may disagree??????