8AA - Top 5 players in 8AA

snarf2

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KHopkins.....I respect your opinion and like I said earlier...Brent is a fine player. You are correct about everyone having their own opinion....I have mine....you have yours.....Billy Donivan (Florida) and Buzz Peterson (Tennessee)....also have theirs.

Like Coach said.....it will all be decided Saturday in Macon.........looking forward to it.

:)

What's this thread about - - who are the "best" players, individually? Or is it about who the coaches choose as All-District? If coaches choose an all District team that gives little or no consideration to the way a player made his team better (and ignores a circumstance where a player, although recognized as a tremendous athlete and one who is getting attention from recruiters actually diminishes the success of his team), then qualifications for All District Team need to be reconsidered. CoachLEH may be close to correct in his list of top ten "talents" in 8AA, but if that is the All District Team, then the purpose and basis for selecting that team should be reconsidered. They're certainly not the top ten "impact" players - -because if you choose "impact" players, then you've got to consider those players who've enabled their teams to have consistent success in the district. If Lipscomb winds up with only one selection on the All District team, then it's real clear that the coaches are not evaluating contribution and impact, but they're just giving props to prospects. I hope that's not the basis for the selections.

It's no big deal if it's the basis for opinions that are set out in this thread about the "Top" players - - but All-District"??? Give credit where credit is due!

Guest CoachLEH

Hey Horsefly, I agree with your general comments on some of the things that coaches may need to look at as they do the all district teams. My contribution of 10 players to this post was to address just what the original thread stated. "8AA - Top 5 Players in 8AA" I did not see 5, so I listed 10. Again, "Top Players". It was not intended to be the coaches selection.

I am continually dissapointed with the games and politics that get played year in and year out with the selections for District season and tourny teams.

I have heard of coaches getting upset and not voting at all. I have heard of coaches that since they can't vote for their own player, voting for someone ridiculous just to dilute the vote and give their player a better chance. Some individuals have forgotten what this is supposed to be about.

Sorry, I got way too deep.

My purpose with my post was to recognize players that have stood out on their teams consistently throughout the season.

Best of luck to all.

Although I stand by my original post about who I think the top 5 are, Stanton needs to be mentioned. He has a great jump shot and can definitely dunk. After seeing him again on Friday night, he is worthy of consideration.

Also, McPherson had his best defensive game all year. Like last year, I expect he will step up in the big games at tournament time.

I agree with CoachLEH's comments - - and as far as I'm concerned, you can't go "too deep" here. Some folks who read these threads may need a little lessen in depth.

As long as we're naming players who have stood out on their team consistently throughout the season, for Lipscomb, the regular season district champ, Josh Stephen and Brent McPherson have already been mentioned - - Elliott Wood and Alan Eatherly have also had a great season.