Cheerleading vs Basketball

2sweet4u

Cheerleaders need to think about what their job is 'Cheer Leading'. If it wasn't for the teams they wouldn't have anything to cheer for. Their purpose is to get the team and the crowd motivated. Most of the chearleaders I see don't even understand the rules of the game. Maybe they should take a class on the game then they would know what and when to cheer about. Cheerleaders as well as ball players should try to get along.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for everyones opinion! It really gave us a different point of view! We are cheerleaders ourselves, and it can be hard! At our school, the cheerleaders hardly do some things. Many fans, and players were always complaining. The cheerleaders of 2002-2003 took it upon themselves to be better this year. We build now, and we try to get the crowd more involved. We do A WHOLE lot more than we did last year! It might not be much.. but we are still learning and trying to do better. But, either way, even though we are doing more, we still arent appreciated very much. When we do something, its not enough, and when we dont, ppl complain also. So we feel like its a lose-lose situation. We pretty much get along with our basketball teams. We dont have football at our school, so we dont get to cheer for that. But, thanks again for everyone's opinions!!

Amb and Nici :o

Personally, I do not think that the ballteams hate the cheerleaders as a whole. It is personal differences that spill over to ballgames and things like that. Usually, neither (the ballteams or the cheerleaders) make efforts to clean up the relationship. Of course, both parties say they do try, but truthfully neither do. It is just a fact of life and basketball......... Besides......girls will be girls if you know what I mean.

Page's cheerleaders are one of the best squads out there. They are always there early, warming up, practicing their lifts, and being a positive influence. Teresa Adams has been a great coach for them making sure everyone is ready to cheer for the Patriots. I know all the players & fans appreciate their effort.

Cherrleaders will get respect when they earn it, just like any other sport. I was once a cheerleader. I know what it is like, but once you start doing things for the crowd and the game, the respect will come. I am not dissing on anyone, I am jsut speaking from personal experience. There are some cheerleaders out there just to be seen, then there are others out there for the right reason. I do think that cheerleaders should know the rules of the game! I mean, come on, my freshman year, I was the only one on the squad who knew what offense and defense was!! The basics need to be learned. Then the crowd should get involed! Get a few fun people in your crowd to get things stirred up, and soon, the entire student secton will be involved!! Basketball players may not like cheerleaders because all they think they do is wear short skirts, yell little rhymes, and curl their hair. Prove to them you are worth something. Decorate their locker room, or something nice like that and they will appreciate you more!!

Well that stinks. Yeah...I am a cheeleader. I have been for years. Obviously, this thread caught my attention. Yeah Tara this is for you. I'm not mad at you I've never had a problem with you and I still don't. Nor do I with any of the other ball players. I think ya'll are awesome. I consider us all friends. BUT...I don't appreciate the fact that you don't think we do anything. That is an opinion and I respect that, but tonight.....maybe you should pay attention to us. Watch us between quarters...it's not easy to hold people up in the air or do jumps or to keep smiling when our teams are losing.....but you know what? We do all of that. Believe it or not....that's your opinion...but we do work hard. And as far as gettin the crowd to yell. We do the exact same things as every other cheerleading squad in the state....most of them are worse than us....did you ever think that it may have something to do with our fans??? Watch them and learn. They don't give a crap. At all....most of them are only there because their kids play. But no.....it couldn't be that right? It's all because we 'stink'. Right Right. And again. I'm not mad at you....but that was harsh.

Are you from Kingston??? :D

Posted by setter1704tgr:

Cheerleaders? What are you guys talking about? You mean that they actually cheer at other schools? What? That's outrageous!! I thought their soul purpose was to hold up the far wall so it wouldn't fall down! :D Well, that's what they do at our school all the time.

The CHEERleaders are ok. However, the LOOK-AT-ME-IM-SO-BEAUTIFUL-ISNT-HE-CUTE-HOWS-MY-HAIRleader serves no purpose at a ballgame. Some cheerleaders do a good job. But when the ballgame becomes a beauty review/fashion show, cheerleaders are useless.

Im not knocking all cheerleaders; only the ones who dont do anything.