Cheerleading vs Basketball

2sweet4u

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm done...I've stated my opinion...Tara...I'm not mad at you. I don't know why you'd say that as a general statement. You may dislike some of us but that is no reason to say that we stink in general. None of us would EVER say that our basketball teams stink...no matter how good or bad they are in any year. We do a lot. Maybe not everyone sees that. However, I wish they would. Sorry if what I said earlier came off as mean. I was just upset...but everything on here is an opinion. We all have our own.

What if your girls team on the whole is prettier than your cheerleaders???

Posted by PowerSet:

The CHEERleaders are ok. However, the LOOK-AT-ME-IM-SO-BEAUTIFUL-ISNT-HE-CUTE-HOWS-MY-HAIRleader serves no purpose at a ballgame. Some cheerleaders do a good job. But when the ballgame becomes a beauty review/fashion show, cheerleaders are useless.

Im not knocking all cheerleaders; only the ones who dont do anything.

All cheerleaders who give their honest effort have my full respect. I'm mainly a football player, and I'll give credit where it's due: how many of you can do the splits on command? How many of you can do flips in the air (don't forget, that requires athleticism on your part AND faith in your squad)? Also, cheerleaders don't have as long of an off-season as football players, basketball players, or baseball players (although the average cheerleader doesn't have to really work during their off-season to stay on their A-game, I feel). I could also go on and on about how the crowd spirit goes up, but I'll leave it be for now.

Congrats to you cheerleaders: sports wouldn't be the same without you.

GO DAWGS!!!

I wanted to reply to the comment that the cheerleaders from Cloudland hate the girls basketball team. For some people on the cheerleading team this may be true, but not for all of us. Ever since I started cheerleading, I have been called lazy, stuck-up, and a few other choice names I will not mention. Some people on the cheerleading team would rather be at a football game than a basketball game. I (and a few others) would rather be cheering for a basketball game. The girls b-ball team has a bad attitude towards all the cheerleaders because of what just a few of the cheerleaders do. There are several cheerleaders that play other sports and would play basketball if they could. The girls b-ball team members who made those remarks should look at the WHOLE cheelreading team before posting LIES. :)

I have to say thank you to everyone who doesn't put down cheerleaders. Most of us actually support our teams and that is our top priority. My squad once had a competition on the same day as a game. The car I was in was going pretty fast to get to the game so we could cheer for our team. We made it for the last 5 minutes, but our players still thanked us for being there and apprecated us. Our basketball team and cheerleaders don't all get along all the time but we dont show it really. We support each other and are proud of each other for everything we do. Oh, and p.s. to who said cheerleaders hardly have an off season thank you for noticing. No one really knows how hard we really work and how little time we do actually get off from it (we have two different squads: 1 for basketball and 1 for football, but we don't have any time because we work very hard)!