Coach of the Year?

PUMMELKING

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest realmenwearblak

all i can say is that steve logsdon coached his team to a dual and individual titles this year. i believe that deserves for coach of the year. now on the other hand maybe franklin or cookeville coaches deserve the most improved award but "best coach" win some state titles and consistantly be at the top every year.

cdrsports, its really a shame that the DII schools couldn't make it at the VA Duals (where the real men wrestle), although I realize it is an invitational thing where the top teams in the country assemble to wrestle. And even a few small colleges and universities that are ok wrestle there like Nebraska and Iowa...but I'm sure the PA competiton IS pretty tough for DII schools. Congrats! :o

Are you kidding...... Lauderdale a great coach AND person. Are we talking about the same man? Of course we are!!! You are right on about him. i have never met anybody with the enthusiasm energy that he has. If you have never met the guy you are missing out. He is under-appreciated by the hometown folk!!! Be careful... you might lose him someday.

Hey Lauderdale... save a mouse!!! :rolleyes:

I personally think Jon Hill at Franklin. Beating out some top teams like Clarksville, Science Hill, Overton, East Ridge and Brentwood. Compare this to their finish last year coming in at 33rd place with 25 points versus this year at 4th with 113.5 points. This is a dramatic increase. " Very impressive Jon, very proud of you and your accomplishments."

bigo40,

The Virgina Duals are a great tournament and it is wonderful that Bradley represented Tennessee well this season at the tournament. However, I don't think you understand just how tough the Bethlehem Holiday Wrestling Classic is. In 2002 the Beast of the East was considered the most difficult tournament in the nation with the Bethlehem tournament ranked 5th and ranked 7th for the year 2001. The Virginia Duals were not listed among the Top 10 during 2001 or 2002. The top teams at the Bethlehem Classic were Northmpton, Blair Academy, Nazareth, Wilson Area, North Penn, Milton, and St. Marks (DE). You will notice that most of these schools are ranked in the top 25 of several major polls. Congratulations again to Bradley for a fine season and a great program but don't knock someone else until you have a clear understanding of the true facts!!!!

My vote is for Jon Hill. He has made great ground over the last 2 years. This year he beat teams like Clarksville, Science Hill, East Ridge, Overton, and Brentwood placing 4th with 133.5 points. Compare this to last years place of 33rd with only 25 points. This is a huge increase in stature and I believe he deserves that honor. Heck of a job Jon.