Best coach in Nasvhille?

boneal52

Let's see what everyone thinks. Not just Metro, but the city limits. I'll ponder a guess or two.

Ron Aydelott - Hillsboro - Can't argue with his resume. Gets a great effort out of his kids.

Maurice Fitzgerald - Pearl Cohn - Has a great approach to the game and is great to work with. Very easy to play for. If you work hard, he'll work hard for you and make you a winner. Simple as that.

Scott Smith - Ezell Harding - Team is a machine. Well oiled and fine tuned. Very diciplined.

David Pack - CPA - Working man's dream coach. He's blue collar and expects the same out of his kids but has a good time with it. His players love him and will fight for him.

I just post a few that I have worked with or at least have watched in person. Fill me in on the rest and your picks.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitzgerald really sticks out in my mind. I love the way that he puts together the toughest schedule possible each year, and not only the years that he thinks he is going to have a strong team. He teaches his players many lessons that go beyond the football field. I used to work with him at a summer camp at MBA and i know that not only myself, but the whole MBA community has a lot of respect for him

Guest OvertonFan

Two of the four of so coaches named so far stick out in my mind. Scott Smith and Maurice Fitzgerald stick out because both were assistants under Terry Anderson at one time or another. Smith left Antioch while under Anderson and Fitzgerald left Hillsboro for Pearl Cohn. Both have gone on to win Championships which Anderson has not. However, I would be willing to bet that both would say that they appreciated their chance to coach under him. He has been in the metro system for longer than both, which does not necessarily make him a good coach, but experience is helpful. He has been a part of a championship team in 1981 when he was under Nick Coutras at Overton. He has also led his team to several region championships and gave Hillsboro a lot to be grateful for in the late 1980's. He has a way with his players on and off the field. He is a great coach and one of the best.

I would also put Richard Coure from Whites Creek up there.