OZ as the 4AA tournament site

coachchannell

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you think that while it is jumping, that more people would show if they knew they would get a seat? I personally know of several people from Kingston, LC and Loudon that were not going because the gym is too small and they were worried about finding a seat. If a full house and noisy atmosphere was all that was needed, why have the State tourney in a big place like MTSU. All I am saying is there could have been more people at the games and more money for the schools at a bigger place. Maybe when Roane County decides to build some new schools with bigger gyms it will get better.

Posted by treeball:

Don't you think that while it is jumping, that more people would show if they knew they would get a seat? I personally know of several people from Kingston, LC and Loudon that were not going because the gym is too small and they were worried about finding a seat.

Complaints when the gym is too small, complaints when the gym is too big and you can't fill it up with people. Complaints about having to drive too far, complaints about it being so close it doesn't "feel like a real tournament." Complaints about the games starting so early that people who work can't come watch, complaints that the games don't end until very late. Complaints about this, complaints about that.

Fans will be fans. If they want to watch the game, they will come. If they don't, they won't... and will consequently come up with a convienient excuse to make you think they really wanted to come.

If "worry" about not finding a seat is the primary complaint, there's very little to be concerned about. All that tells you is that they don't care enough about their team to consider coming a little early... if they even had to... which they don't, as Goose reports.

[Edited by iamoz on 2-27-03 12:40P]

I've been there for most if not all of the tournament, but just to play devil's advocate - just because seats are available doesn't mean you want to sit there! If the only seats available are in your opponent's section...

I like the atmosphere but I wouldn't complain about a little more breathing room.

I been at every game and where the sign is posted for Kingston hasnt been full yet,with all the students sitting on the ends plenty of room.Swamp my man you can sit with Kingston or anyone else you choose you can even stand bye me if you choose? ;) And Coach C (no hair) has even been sitting on the end of OS girls bench just to give another seat in the gym,what a guy. :D

[Edited by BBALLTN on 2-27-03 1:23P]

Most of the Kingston section has been filled with OS people ;). Seems like a good chunk of the Kingston crowd has been sitting in the end section. I may have to come and stand with you or Hall if it gets too crowded.

And students...don't get me started on Kingston students (or lack thereof!).

Posted by BBALLTN:

I been at every game and where the sign is posted for Kingston hasnt been full yet,with all the students sitting on the ends plenty of room.Swamp my man you can sit with Kingston or anyone else you choose you can even stand bye me if you choose? :D And Coach C (no hair) has even been sitting on the end of OS girls bench just to give another seat in the gym,what a guy. :D

[Edited by BBALLTN on 2-27-03 1:23P]