NCS Gets Wish

TrojanMan

Most the people on here are aware of the speed and quickness of NCS's Cam Biggs. Well, Cam was taking off down the court on inbounds and catching the bomb and getting 1 man fast break lay ups all game. With about 15 seconds left they did it and the guy blatantly grabbed and held Cam's jersey because obviously, he just can't keep up. Nobody argued the call; even the player knew he held him. If that was the worst call you've ever seen, you must not watch basketball. Good for Ezell, maybe next year they'll actually beat NCS.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not arguing the foul. I'm arguing the intentional foul call. That should not have been called intentional. That is taking the game into your own hands and not letting the players decide. And the part about not being able to keep up, our post man stayed with him. He got run outs early on in the game because when a shot went up he started going to half court. Calling an intentional foul is awful. That is 2 shots and the ball. That was the deciding play and the season for Ezell. Oh and about not watching basketball, I've played more games than you have probably ever seen. I've seen some bad calls but calling an intentional foul that decided the game is awful.

NCS had the game well in hand and let them come back before that call anyways. Either way, we had the ball up 3 with 15 seconds left, not to mention cam missed 1 if not both of those. When you grab a players jersey (as he did numerous times before) to keep them from running away, its an intentional foul. They should've just given Ezell a technical for trying to beat NCS. ;)

I'm not trying to start anything at all I'm just telling everyone about an awesome play. With that I give props to Ezell's little point guard who crossed up Biggs made him fall and almost land flat on his face. Also Bell from HC made the great #12 of CPA bout break his ankle as Bell pulled back real quick at the perimeter leaving #12 twelve stumbling into the paint about an inch above the groud. And by the way CPA won by 10+ but HC played close most of the game but CPA's run and gun trap with #12 getting the skip worked everytime(#12 have about 5 dunks-and 2 lay-ups) NCS has to be carefull not to throw the skip that looks like it is there.

Sounds like what happens when 2 teams play each other that haven't met. Good job to CPA preventing the upset and good run by HC. Everyone from 10A PLEASE come out and SUPPORT (not jeer) NCS tomorrow night as they will be taking on a very heavy task in CPA. McEwen, there's bad blood, but we love you. Join our student section. HC, DA, everyone, NCS is all that's left in 10A for the boys. Have some class and cheer on them Eagles baby. Good luck to everyone. I'm headin to bed.

BTW big48, what was region 10's record this year? 1-7 (guys and girls).

Ya'll are like Hoosiers.

Yes you beat Ezell for the 2nd year in a row. You were supposed to. You were the #1 seed. THey were the #4. And you barely beat them. Do you see what I'm saying. It took the two worst years in the history of Ezell basketball for you to beat them.

BTW big48, what was region 10's record this year? 1-7 (guys and girls).

Ya'll are like Hoosiers.

Yes you beat Ezell for the 2nd year in a row. You were supposed to. You were the #1 seed. THey were the #4. And you barely beat them. Do you see what I'm saying. It took the two worst years in the history of Ezell basketball for you to beat them.

Why do you always have to give a history lesson everytime you post? Go to the baseball board.

Also Bell from HC made the great #12 of CPA bout break his ankle as Bell pulled back real quick at the perimeter leaving #12 twelve stumbling into the paint about an inch above the groud.

#12 Sikes was the best athlete on the floor (as he usually is) and that is why he gets a lot of dunks and layups. CPA creates steals and Sikes runs the floor well. It wasn't all fast break, though. He went baseline once in the halfcourt offense and went right over his man with a slam.

Bell is a great player, especially for his size, and Sikes did fall on one of his moves, but he didn't get any 3's over Sikes and when Sikes was guarding him, he was basically ineffective. I repeat though, he is a very good and lighning quick player. Skelton did not impress me. He is not very smooth and doesn't handle the ball well against pressure.

9A now with 7 of 8 teams left in tourney.

Well even though i may not be a big McEwen fan i know a lot about 9a and i can already tell you NCS will be meetin McEwen again down the road....ezell is a good team but i dont think they will be able to run with us especially if were shooting well and as for McEwen/dca im seein a blowout...with McEwen comin off such a great game they're gonna torch em and hopefully NCS will be able to hold up their end of the deal and advance the the regional semis and finals as well. good luck to everyone

Oops, Big48Eagle - bad call. I watched the McEwen / FRA game and I couldn't believe McEwen won your district and beat NCS twice. They had 4 baskets in the 1st half not counting a 1/2 court heave at the buzzer. They were TERRIBLE!

Yes, Puckett had foul trouble, but he played the whole 2nd half and was very average. FRA big guys played him well.

FRA should have won by more, but FRA fell apart protecting their lead and McEwen hit about 6 3's in the 4th quarter after missing about 20 before that. What a poorly played, ugly game by both teams, but a good win for FRA - the 4th seed.