SI Article about Tenn and Alabama

BDURHAM

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34-14 hurts, but lets realize that no lies or rumors are being spilled. Truth hurts. Yes, the truth about Bama cost them 3 recruiting classes and the SEC Championship game this year. The truth will probably not come out until Kramer and Dickey are dead, like Diane Sanford's husband. I guess Ed Martin at Michigan didn't give Webber any money either. Wake up and take responsibility for your cheating program. It is interesting that Georgia is in the news for rules violations now that they have beaten the Vols for the last 3 years in a row.

The sad part of the entire Albert Means case is the simple fact that two high school coaches were looking out for theirbest interest, not the student- athletes. I hope the state of TN. refuses these two people the opportunity to coach in this state again. The fact that Dubose hardly checked with his coaches about recruits makes him just as guilty. Dubose should have maintained better reigns on his program, now Bama suffers the consequences. Albert Means is the one that truly suffered frfom this scandal. He was academically ineligible this past season for University of Memphis.

It's like Bama to blame a Tennessee conspiracy for their woes...Well let me be the first to say boo hoo!

I'm not naive enough to think that UT is squeaky clean; much less anyone else in the SEC, but whatever Bama has done is so obvious and so blatant that it overshadows everything. Does that mean that I think that UT is innocent? Not necessarily. I just think that like the article says, the Bama guys have an axe to grind...well grind all you want boys.

Just like in the fictional Forrest Gump, Bama has taken pride in bending the rules (eligibilty: "After just five years of playing football", grades: Forrest had an IQ of under 80, etc.) and parlayed that into championships...

It's time to pay up, Pachyderms...and the NCAA is the collection guy ready to break your legs.

I'll admit, I was embarrassed to get beaten soundly by Bama.

Also if I remember correctly, and I know injuries are part of the game, we're speaking of a Tennessee team that had injuries to a stud receiver among others and most of the defensive guys weren't even on the 3-deep roster at the start of the summer.

Every once in a while, a blind squirrel finds a nut... :D