Should TSSAA do ALL Scheduling for High School Tea

baconbreath

The TSSAA cannot and should not schedule games. They kow nothing about rivalries and so called "money games". The TSSAA has a hard enough time keeping Brentwood in check, much less trying to come up with hundreds of schedules every year. I guess some people would love to see everyone at .500. That way no one's feelings would get hurt and everyone is equal. I GOT IT! IF YOU BEAT US THE FIRST TIME WE PLAY, YOU HAVE TO LET US WIN NEXT TIME! Tournaments are overrated anyway.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brienmadness, if he moved from Johnson City to Rhea Co. with a verified change of address with a parent or guardian he is immediately eligible. Downtown3s, Coach Crowder has applied for a variety of high school positions in the last two years in an attempt to leave Rhea Co. Perhaps a record padded with cupcake wins would make his resume better. At least that is what he thinks. It is the old Don Meyer school of scheduling. Only, Lipscomb won the big games too. I guess Crowder forgot that part.

It looks like they finished 2nd in the district tournament, so maybe the other teams in the district were THAT GOOD. As was already said, all the stats and records in the world dont amount to a hill of beans when it comes tournament time. The team with the best records dont always win championships. The ones who played the best competition and got better usually win. If Rhea Co. wants to go about it in a different way, let them; it looks like its paid off so far this year. Instead of records, worry about winning.

• 2 weeks later...

The TSSAA already does a big part of the schedule because of the large districts we have been put in. My district has four Nashville schools in it We travel to Macon Co. each year which is an hour and a half or more. We have other AA schools that are closer. I can make that drive if I have to. Macon Co. on the other hand has to make that drive four times a year. That really doesn't seem fair. There really needs to be a closer look at the districts the TSSAA creates.