D2 Pairings are out

callinyouout

Friday, March 7, 2003

3:30 P.M. - Evangelical Christian School vs. Brentwood Academy (Girls)

5:00 P.M. - Briarcrest vs. Brentwood Academy (Boys)

6:45 P.M. - Knoxville Webb vs. Briarcrest (Girls)

8:15 P.M. - Lausanne vs. Battle Ground Academy (Boys)

Saturday, March 8, 2003

3:30 P.M. - Baylor vs. Harpeth Hall (Girls)

5:00 P.M. - Notre Dame vs. Bishop Byrne (Boys)

6:45 P.M. - Father Ryan vs. SBEC (Girls)

8:15 P.M. - Father Ryan vs. McCallie (Boys)

The First Team Listed is the Home Team.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by Cocky:

I think briarcrest will beat brentwood in a close game. Lausanne will easily defeat BGA. Byrne should be able to take Notre dam. and Father Ryan will beat McCallie.

You're gonna be 2-2. You already know which two you're wrong about!;)

You must be refering to the Byrne/Notre Dame game and the Briarcrest/Brentwood game? I choose Briarcrest b/c they lost to brentwood by i believe 5 this year before christmas, but they didnt have their whole team for that game. I choose Byrne because I dont think Notre Dame has anyone who can guard Charles Hampton.

Posted by #####:

You must be refering to the Byrne/Notre Dame game and the Briarcrest/Brentwood game? I choose Briarcrest b/c they lost to brentwood by i believe 5 this year before christmas, but they didnt have their whole team for that game. I choose Byrne because I dont think Notre Dame has anyone who can guard Charles Hampton.

That's right. I commend you for going out on a limb to pick these upsets, because a lot of people just get on here and pick the favorites all the time. I have to disagree however. Briarcrest will not be able to contain BA's big men. Wright is MUCH better than when they played last time. 20 more games experience make a difference. And as for ND vs. Byrne, who does Byrne have that can guard Bowman? I'll take my chances with a D1 athlete. Should be fun too watch in any case. I still believe that any of these teams (except BGA) could win it all.

Yeah I just think its hard to call any of these games, only game im sure about is that Lausanne will beat BGA. You are right Wright has gotten better but Briarcrest now has a 6'6 330 center that didnt play in their first meeting, thats why i think its just gonna be whichever team plays the hardet will win, not the team with the most talent. You are also right bout Bowman... hes tough to guard, but Hampton is the better athlete and basketball player, thats why i choose his team.

ND will kill Bryne. They have the most athletic team in D2 by a mile. Plus all the teams from the west are weak anyways, it will definitly be middle vs. east final. And I dont goto notre dame and dont like there school, but am just givin you the straight facts, that they are a quality team.