D2 Pairings are out

callinyouout

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that Lausanne will probably win state this year. Having a 7'0 center that can shoot threes better than most shooting guards is just increadibly hard to defend, he is very slow but hes also a great passer and finds his team mates for threes when he gets double teamed.

they started out 3-6, but for the rest of the season, they were 19-2, so for their last 21 games they went 19-2, so their over all record is 22-8

Cocky: lausanne has to get through BGA first, then if they win, then they will eventually face a BA team that is obvisouly dominate in size over everyone. Even a guy who is 6'10" tall couldn't dominate Dunlap or Wright from BA.

[Edited by CoachBlue on 3-2-03 9:36P]

gasol is better than you all give him credit for. we had our best, most athletic big man on him the whole game and i think he still scored 25. he is hard to stop, butt the key is to let him get his points and then guard their other guys as hard as you can. Gasol wont beat a whole team, but he can keep his team close enough that other players can pitch-in a few points here and there. Another note, im not sure but i dont think they lost to a single D2 school all year, so i wouldnt be soooo sure that they wont make it deep. They lost to city and county schools around here but no one in their classification(that i can think of).

Lausanne lost to ECS, St. Benedict at Auburndale, Christian Brothers. all D2 teams.

But i think yall will destroy BGA, so yall wil most defiantly be goign to state,i've played both teams, BGA and Lausanne, so i think yall can dominate the small, weak, BGA team that was lucky to make it to the Sectionals.

[Edited by FrankL on 3-2-03 10:23P]

Posted by bhsbaseball:

gasol is better than you all give him credit for. we had our best, most athletic big man on him the whole game and i think he still scored 25.

Yeah, that was 6-2 or 6-3 (depending on who you talk to) Brandon Allen. Athleticism only does so much against an eight-or-nine-inch height advantage.