Portland's (John Ferguson)

bigAsports

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, I am comming to watch you play tuesday and would love to have you. I know they sent you some info early on this year. I am a assistant at TTU this year so Marty is bringing me to the game. Good luck and I would love to have you.

I will bring so info but here is our site

www.king.edu/athletics :)

[Edited by CoachSH on 3-3-03 6:10P]

[Edited by CoachSH on 3-3-03 6:26P]

All three of these guys are great players. Ferguson is next to unstoppable in the post and has a great one dribble pull-up J on the perimeter(he also can knock down the trailer "3" from the top). Stephen has a great post game but is more suited for the perimeter. Can bust from three or take it to the @@@@ and has great hands and reads defenses and double teams well. Also can pass well out of the post to cutters when the double arrives. Harriford has great quickness and leaping ability. Finishes well, strokes the three, and breaks ankles on the outside. Great court vision and pull-up J. All three guys also have class ( I wish i could say the same about Brewer).

The fans are too focused on Brewer when it's Ferguson they should be lookin at. He may not be as athletic, but he's better in my opinion. Against Lipscomb Friday night, Brewer came out hot, and of course he kept shooting throughout the 1st half. He started missin some, but kept on shootin. Lipscomb was ahead 36-25 at half. 2nd half, Brewer gets a clue and gives Ferguson the ball and Portland wins by 4. After the game, Brewer decides to run off into the locker room...not even shaking anyones hand (that's classy). Someone has to go and get him to get him to shake hands.

[Edited by GoBama on 3-3-03 7:23P]

this kid is the real deal. hes a quiet leader on the court but leads through how he plays. ive never played against him when he wasnt giving it 100 %. he has great class. he is a great post player and just and all around good guy. i think some college will see him for what he brings both mentally and physically to the court and realize what an asset he could be. congrats on the awards and good luck in the near future. hopefully ill get one more chance against you on thursday.

i have never met a guy like john before...no matter what situation you are in or whos around he is always as nice as can be...without a doubt in my mind i think he should be recruited simply for his attitude...just given my regards to the "big man" for p-land...oh yeah,you going to play on the knights this yr?

I have seen Ferguson and Brewer both, and i think if it wasnt for Ferguson, that team would be in trouble. Brewer is a good talent, but Ferguson is the heart and soul of that team, that team goes when he does. Is Brewer being heavily recriuted? By who? Wouldnt it be smart to try and get both of theses guys, because they play so well together!!

John-

Calm down bud! I didn't start this thread and only saying what I hear from people who COULD be recruiting you. I have told them nothing, but good things about you! Just continue to work hard on and off the court and the recruiting process will pick up in the future. Good luck in Sparta!

BRIAN

[Edited by Brian4UT on 3-4-03 7:14A]

To whoever thinks that Portland's John Ferguson is even capable of not giving 100%, definitely doesn't know him! He gives every game 110%... I've never seen less. He is most certainly a leader, but more importantly a team player. He is always cool under pressure. He has the grades and the motivation to make some college very lucky to have him. He is what dedication and hard work are all about. Good luck!