Who has the worst field to play on?

CheeseCake

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to be brutally honest here, but Rutledge. I like the guys from Rutledge, and we are trying to get some of there players up here at collge, but the powerlines hanging over the corner outfield was a little much. Also that little red school chair acting as part of the outfield fence...

I have another bad field idea. I was an outfielder in high school, so I was always paying more attention to outfield hazards as opposed to infield (unless I was running). Unicoi County's outfield is my least favorite of all. If a ball hits the wood blocks sitting at the end of the curled up chain linked fence, they immediately become high velocity missles launched at an outfielder's head. Also (much like West Greene) the outfield has an small uphill in left and centerfields. I'm glad I graduated and will never have to play there again.

Greenback no longer has one of the worst fileds to play on. I wanted to get this in before someone else said that we had the worst field. we spent all fal and winter getting it better and it actually looks acceptable now.

I agree that SC's is not good, but take it from a former TSSAA umpire, there are many fields that are worse. Baseball in a lot of counties does not get any money for their fields. It is very sad that some counties put more into other sports with fewer athletes involved. :o:o

[Edited by Time2Play on 3-6-03 12:15P]

the wurst field i have ever seen is celina. they got a ditch behind 1st base and if you hit the ball to centerfild it rolls for a mile. they got no red clay on da fild and lots of sand. last year they had some grass groin on the bass line and pitchin mond. holes in the outfield and the worst dugouts i ever see.