Metro 9th grade championship- MLK Forfeit?

NightStalker

I just heard that MLK forfeited the 9th grade championship to McGavock. While I am impressed with McGavock being their and getting their 3rd championship in four years, I can't believe they won it by forfeit this year. How can MLK just not show up? Someone must have some details on this. Nobody works hard enough to be in that position and just not show!

We were supposed to play their varsity on the 25th. It snowed and our district decided to postpone until the next day. That was the 26th and the day the 9th grade team was supposed to play Mcgavock. The ninth grade was supposed to reschedule for the next time the varsity did not play. They did not play Thursday but the 9th grade did not play. MLK was told the game would be played Monday at 5:00. I would certainly like to here from someone from MLK about why the game was not played. Until then I will bite my tongue for the time being. :confused: :confused:

I know it is state tournament time but this story bothers me. What about the kids at MLK? Does no one care about these kids? I am sure they had to work their butts off to get to this position. What about the parents, I know I would be extremely upset if my son did not get the chance to finish what he started. Was this a punishment for the team? Who made this call? Does no one even care?

From what I understand, the two principals met and decided to play the game on the first day of the region tournament that did not involve the two varsity teams. Since McGavock was a 2 seed and MLK a 3, they both played on Tuesday in their respective districts. Both Coach Shelton and Coach Sizemore of MLK were notified of this decision and when it would be played. They didn't show up. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what eccentric nut case is responsible. Statements have been written on the situation and have been "filed". However, I don't look for anything more than a slap on the wrist for the good doctor.

i agree with you the great doc gets away with everything because he is in good with the athletic director those kids deserve to play and he in my mind was the one who put other people above those kids who work hard everyday and for those parents who do not speak out he will always get away with what he does