Blackman Blaze

Fullback49

Hey Longsnapper, yes I did play at Blackman this year. I started at left guard.

Stopngo or whatever ur name is, you obviously didn't read the posts on the 1st and 2nd pages. I clearly stated that I play for Blackman. Oakland is not my team. Blackman is my team. However, I do support the Boro teams- the best football teams in the state.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey OL :(

bigtommy, you sound resentful. i understand why, but you have to understand that any first year team is going to have at least some negative feedback. one year does not make a team's reputation. it was a shock to me coming from riverdale where every game was won. all of a sudden, the team was not consistent, but that's what made it so enjoyable. blackman built its reputation on hard work and great coaching, not the fact that a few kids came from riverdale or oakland. i don't like when people bring up the fact that many of the players came from other schools before they played at BHS; they didn't really have a choice in the matter. we've had a lot of talent that didn't come from the boro schools, so there really shouldn't be any controversy over who played where. blackman has truly come together as one team, not a "group of misfits" from other schools.

Dudes, all this stuff about hard work and stuff only came from Riverdale and Oakland. Well, 5 players from Blackman came from La Vergne. All five started either their junior year or senior year. 2 of those had a chance to go play college ball. So, just because I am not from Riverdale or Oakland don't I do not know how to work hard or win. Believe it or not La Vergne was a tough program that was not blessed with a lot of coaches. We had the talent my sophmore year to bulldoze the whole region. Donnie Lowe,Marcus Hargrove, Ryan Trotter, Chris Campbell, and many others. Yall need to open your minds around the county a little bit more.

Bigshow, you are making our point for us. You say you had the talent to "bulldoze" the whole region, but the fact is you didn't do it. In other words, no winning tradition. Whether it be coaching, or maybe not being as talented as you think, or not working as hard as other teams, the fact remains. I have talked to kids that moved into Riverdale's program ( and before you say it - legally moved in) who thought they knew how to work hard at their old school. They found out what passes for hard work in some places won't get it done at Riverdale.

That is a quality that Wes Martin, Rico Turner and others took with them to Blackman. I don't understand why you would be upset by that.

You Oakland fans, put in your two cents worth. I did not leave you out because of disrespect.

Longsnapper, Cookville had a great team this year too. We at Blackman have a lot of respect for your team because yall played hard and didn't quit even though Blackman won. Yall's fullback is one of the best we faced this year. He has a bright future ahead of him. Your right, it was very fun playing in the rain to me. I have some pictures from the game where you can't see anyone's feet because it was so wet that everyone just sank down in the mud.

Good luck too Cookville next year.

BigTommy, you say that other people weren't there but you were. Just to let you know I have been at Blackman since the beginning. I started this year on the football team. Can you honestly say that if Blackman had been built on just Smyrna and Lavergne players and that it would have been as good as it is now? Sure we got some talented players in Zach Gilliam, (Ryan Janette and Adam Heckler from 2 years ago). Oh yeah, Drew Copeland was from Lavergne. Most of our upperclassmen that started came from Riverdale or Oakland: Derek Bowen (Oakland), Travis Williams (Riverdale), Brad Brandon (Oakland), David Hargis (Riverdale), Tim Herbert (Riverdale), Michael Maupin (Riverdale), RICO TURNER (Riverdale), Will Redding (Oakland), Jack Stevens (Riverdale), Jamar Kuilan (Oakland-I think), and Wes Martin (Riverdale). One more thing, the way you talk about you being at Blackman from the beginning, are you on the team and did you actually "Play?"

Littleshow, RIVERDALE has made a great point. You claim that Lavergne had all kinds of talent, but then how come it has the reputation for being a losing football team and has never "bulldozed" the region? Donnie Lowe is the only one that you mentioned that I have actually ever heard of because I know that he went to Alabama.

Good Luck 4-5A

Bhsol, dude I know who you are. I started at right tackle my junior and senior year (my senior year was when we got beat by riverdale when they had like 7 turnovers). I was just trying to state that not everyone who made Blackman a success came from Riverdale or Oakland. That was my whole point. The last couple of sentences on my last post was just a few examples of how La Vergne had the talent. Yes, it is do to not having a winning tradition or various other things. I do not write a lot on here anymore, but sometimes it is just fun to make people mad. :):rolleyes: