Carter Hornets (Here we Go!!!)

splainshornet

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Carter HS is in the Knox County School System, why would their school not receive the same amount of meony as the other schools in Knox Co? Does your school system fund all schools differently? If so do they go by school size or city/county schools?

:(:(:)

I read in the paper last year that the county would not pay for handicap seating at Halls, but carter gets new bleachers!!?? Is that unfair? I've also been told that carter has the nicest practice field in the county. Maybe the community needs to get their priorities in line rather than trying restructure the tax expenditures of the county.

carter has alway been on the wrong end of the county just like a couple of other schools are. if you are not in certain areas in knox county, then you are a second class citizen. the carter community as well as the rest of east and northeast knox county is a working class region and unlike some other areas in the county do not have as many fans/booster who are able to give large amounts of money to the programs as a result they fundraise themselves to death but only so much can be made from bake sales, car washes, and program ad sales.

see what people forget is that knox county has 14 high schools not one or two or three like most other counties so tax dollars are thin to begin with. knox county is special because every school has it's on facility no matter what the condition. many schools all over the nation have to share a facility with one or more teams. at least all knox county schools have something to call their own. therefore schools are more dependent that ever on fans and boosters.

like anything involving money, things become political but i know that knox county has decided to upgrade facilities at all the schools on an as needed basis. in other words, worst comes first. i'm glad carter is getting a new stadium and i hope that all the schools will have superior facilities. but in todays prep sports society, fans and boosters have become just as important as the school boards in regards to fundraising for athletic facilities. both have to work together to realize that neither can do it alone.

The Orange Blossom Special is a good train to run. I like it because it picks up speed. Carter, Halls, Powell, Central, Maryville, West, and Clinton all have cute uniforms. I think it is a toss up who has the cutest coach. Clark Duncan and Kevin Catlett are awful cute. Clark has a pretty head of hair. Catlett is just cute all over. He was selected as one of the cutest men in east Knoxville when he was at Carter. I hear he also ranked high at Halls and now is up at the top at Clinton.

Oliver P. Shaggnasty--that's with 2 g's.

Ollie, you ever spent time in a Turkish prison? It sounds as if you and 4afan may be old friends. As president of the welcoming committee here on coacht, it's my duty to share with you the ground rules:

1) Never, ever question the rebels domination, yeah brother! You do, and you face immediate expulsion from this and all boards of its kind,

2) Don't accuse any team of cheating or recruiting. Our motto is "It ain't cheating unless we get caught."

3) Stay away from threads with posts by 4afan, dilweed, vicker, and snagglepus. They are all naysayers who are just trying to drag everyone else down with them.

4) Finally, if anyone makes a sensible point on here, immediately question their manhood and challenge them to step outside with you.

Follow these simple rules and you should fit right in!

I agree to adhere to all rules. I want to fit in. Prisons in Turkey I no nothing about. But I am trying to get a permit to open a Turkish bath house. We are researching a place out on Clinton Highway. Formerly it was a Korean Spa. They give body cleaning a bad name. Do you think the people in Claxton will accept a nice clean legit business? The first customer we want to get in is the wrestler, DIRTY WHITE BOY. What a spokesman for our business. Cleaning up that nasty ole WHITE BOY will make us famous. Another thing we want to do is offer a discount to all area high school teams. If these players are clean and refreshed they will look cuter in their uniforms and perform better. Cute coaches will be cleaned free of charge, if and only if their teams are partaking in our discount plan.

Oliver P. Shaggnasty--that's with 2 g's.

[Edited by OllieShaggnasty on 3-21-03 7:11P]