Dobyns Bennett vs. White Station......

chill

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Kim.....does anyone see it strange how both DB & Betsy both have the returning State Champions and the favorites for this year to play in the first round? No sweat!!! Someone has to go home and someone has to win it all. And if you are going to win it all....Bring on the best first!!!! Good Luck AGAIN!!!!

[Edited by Stokomo on 3-11-03 2:41P]

Yes, White Station, IMO is very beatable. They are NOT the 11th best team in the state. I was once told that Tippett (WS's coach) made the comment that this years team could be the best in WS History. I never saw their last years team play so I cannot comment, but I don't think that their team from this year is any better than 2001 or 2000 or even 1999. They do lack explosiveness offensively but that trap they run is very good. You have to attack the trap offensively if you want a chance and cannot play passive.

I am going to have to disagree with you on this one Art about beating Greeneville 3 times. You all only beat Greeneville once and that was at the Dome. The other two times Greeneville handed the Indians the game with turnovers and unnecessary fouls.

Good luck at the 'Boro. You all have a team with a lot of talent. Wouldn't it be great to see a Greeneville/DB round 4 in the finals?

I would like to see DB win this one but I don't see it happening. White Station is beatable but I don't think DB has all the tools to do it. DB proved they have a very good team with talent, but I don't think they have enough talent to beat White Station. If it comes to a battle of depth White Station will has the advantage the way I see it. DB has plenty of depth on their bench but their bench depth is nowhere near as talented as White Station's. DB only has 2-3 players that can come off the bench and really contribute. White Station's bench can all be major contributor's when they're in the game. I think this is the one thing that could really haunt DB. If DB's starter's get in foul trouble, DB will be in trouble. DB is great defensively but White Station is awesome defensively. I hope DB gets past White Station but in all honesty I just don't see DB being able to do it. White Station is too talented and they've been in the state tournament for years now and this is the first time DB has been in it in 10 years. I also think that could hurt DB. DB should take a lot of fans because White Station always brings a bunch including a HUGE student section. Good Luck DB

White Stations schedule, to say the least, was insane. And their performance and success with it was amazing. D-B doesn't have a resume that holds a candle to that. Yes I know, they beat Science Hill and Greeneville. But other than MLK, how many West TN teams have they beat - even played for that matter ? None. And now their against the top one, and defending state champ. Down White Station more on how their easily defeatable, aren't perfect, have many obvious flaws, whatever. The bottom line is they won it last year, and their here again this year. Optimism is the name of the game - but I think this one will be over before it starts. I look for a 1st round blowout of the new "beast from the East."

Arty, what's up? Congrats on DB making it to the state. You said it all along that DB was going to the state. I said it all along that DB probably wouldn't make it to the state, but if they did it would be one and done. Well they proved me wrong and made it to the state, but unfortunately DB drew WS. Does anyone out there think that a team from Northeast TN that got beat by David Crockett is going to have enough firepower to beat a team like WS. I can guarantee you that WS didn't get beat by a team like David Crockett. Another key is that WS plays tough competition night in and night out. DB plays a legit team here and there. Bradley Central might be WS best competition. Arty, I will eat crow if I'm wrong, but I want have to worry about that.

Guest dbsballboy

How many Western Teams have played a team like Science Hill or Greenville. Chill you can't just assume that because they haven't played many western teams and don't have as much publicity that they will be blown away. I think you will be corrected when you say that DB will be blown away, because in most people's eyes, white station is just a name that seems to go a long way and scared alot of teams, but the indians don't get scared. So to bad white station, The Indians are here and going to stay on top, i'm just sad that white station on't be able to plau us in the championship, but good luck! :)