CPA FANS

pujo

I for one love these games in the vicinity of the smokies. Had a very enjoyable long weekend 2 years ago when we played Gatlinburg Pitman away and am looking forward to going to Murphy this year. I am trying to persuade my wife that White Water Rafting would be a fun side event (either Ocoee or Nantahala) but I don't think she is catching the vision.

There ia another team in their conference,Swain Co,where Heath Shuler came from thats going to play Morristown West next year. Murphy and Swain are both very good most years. Thanks for the post about our girls,they should have won ,lead the whole game, Moore county just had what it took at the end.

• 1 month later...

I am from Murphy and there is a reason we needed a game. the bigger schools in the area won't play our school because of the winning tradition we hold. we beat the 3-AA state runner up last year Asheville High, and have went 16-0 in the conference the past 2 years and only lost 3 regular season games in that span. All to larger schools. Should have a strong team this year probably with a sophmore at QB though could cause some problems. CPA don't look at the number of kids in the school and be fooled We live and die football in Bulldog country. You will get to see "The Hill" when you come to town. It is one of the hardest places to win in Western North Carolina.

A Pre Game and Half Time Polka show, wont that be unique?

I have no idea whether we will have the piper back next season. He did not start playing for us till mid way thru the season last year and to the best of my knowledge it was one of the coaches ideas.

Posted by FRADad:

Is the bagpipe player going to be back this year or were you successful in finding an accordion player for the pre-game activities?