BEST FRESHMAN PLAYERS

neutralwarrior

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freshman post Taylor Parrish from Harpeth Hall must be mentioned. She did not start until half way through the season; however, she continued to improve with every moment on the court. She is much stronger than anyone, including herself, realizes. She is much MUCH further along than Becky Brown (Miss Basketball 2002 DII) was at that age. Taylor led her team to victory scoring over 20 points in the state semi-finals. She'll definitely be one to watch in basketball and volleyball.

I cannot believe there has been five pages on this thread and Jessica Mooney from Hillsboro has not been mentioned. When she played against Cait McMahon in Shelbyville, she stole the ball several times and *almost* shut Cait down. (Please note I said almost. You cannot shut Cait completely down.)

My list is as follows:

Jessica Mooney......Hillsboro

Jacquelyn Chenger...Franklin Road

Christian Gibson....Mt Juliet

Kinsley Longhurst...Father Ryan

Bethany Ross........York Institute

Kristen Ross........York Institute

Wait a minute...isn't that Team Pride!?!

I want to know why nobody has mentioned Nicole Duncan from Lewis Co. She had 21 blocks in one game. She had like 140 on the season which I belive was only 4 behind the record. Near the end of the season she finally found her shot and started racking up on the points. Next year I'm predicting she breaks the blocks record. Go Summer!!!!

Hmmm, 2 questions for you. What team did the Mooney girl play for at Shelbyville? Did that team beat the Stars? I was at the games at Shelbyville and saw the Stars in the finals. I am sure that the Mooney girl is a fine athlete, but to compare her to the McMann girl would not be fair to her. Unless that TEAM beat McManns team,one just has to stay quiet and work harder.

Zoo wrote: Hmmm, 2 questions for you. What team did the Mooney girl play for at Shelbyville? Did that team beat the Stars? I was at the games at Shelbyville and saw the Stars in the finals. I am sure that the Mooney girl is a fine athlete, but to compare her to the McMann girl would not be fair to her. Unless that TEAM beat McManns team,one just has to stay quiet and work harder.

To answer the first question, Jessica Mooney played on Team Pride at Shelbyville.

To answer your second question, no we did not beat the Stars.

Now that we have that out of the way, I have a question for you: Have you read all five pages of this thread?

We are talking "BEST FRESHMAN PLAYERS". Please notice the thread subject title. Jessica is a freshman at Hillsboro. Cait McMahon (please spell her name correctly) is a freshman at Heritage. Cait has been touted as one of the best freshman, and I agree. Their high school teams will not play. The only time Jessica and Cait will play against each other is during AAU.

Now I will re-post what I wrote:

When she played against Cait McMahon in Shelbyville, she stole the ball several times and *almost* shut Cait down. (Please note I said almost. You cannot shut Cait completely down.)

Reading is fundamental!

One more thing. Lynn Burkey did everything he could to get Jessica on the Stars. Jesse, Jessica's Dad, did not want to drive that far to practices.