BEST FRESHMAN PLAYERS

neutralwarrior

I'm sure that all these girls that everyone has mentioned are very good, however i have seen alot of good freshman play this year including those from Westview, Cheatam Co., OR, Shelbyville, but believe me when i say this that the best all around freshman girl this year, whether your talking A,AA,or AAA is Brandy Brown of York Institue, being from Jackson County i assure you that i have seen some good ball players and if she keeps progressing she will be something special for sure D-1 ... 4 PEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

York's freshmen class is loaded. Only 3 of them were really seen this year. Brandi Brown, Kristen Ross, and Bethany Ross. They are much deeper on the roster than that with good freshmen. They played Livingston close in the district tournament (losing by two). They also gave Jackson County a run for their money a couple of times, coming up short. With experience and hopefully the team coming together better than they did this year, realizing what opportunities they have in front of them, they will be at the top.

Guest oletimes44

ALLESIA EASLEY OUT OF BRIARCREST left me in awe as I watched the Bears of Harpeth Hall squeak away with a deserved win at the end. Easley is going to be one to watch out for. Her ball handling is phenomenol, she is quick quick quick, and her defense is great.

If you give her some time i believe Jaquelyn Kremer at sevier co could be a force to be reckined with. she responded very well early this season when she was thrust into the starting role after russel went down agian. she isnt very strong physically but she has great court pressence. so give this girl some time in the weight room, and im sure coach huskey will mold her into one of the best, he always does!

One really good freshman is Danielle Richardson from Kirby High School in Memphis. She is a 6'2 wing/post who is very versatile and has great ballhandling skills and can shoot the three and has good footwork in the post. She is one of the top freshmen in the country and was invited to the Adidas Top Ten All-American camp for this summer and has received mail from some of the top programs in the country, including Tennessee. She plays up in AAU and is playing 16U this year. Alexis Givands from Kirby is an awesome guard as well--She was on the Lady Blackhawk AAU team that won back-to-back AAU nationals (and four AAU state championships in a row)this past summer and the summer before. She is quick,quick,quick too and played with Alleshia Easley who is mentioned below. Both of them (Givands and Easley)including possibly the best 8th grader in the state, Ashely Herring (always plays up in AAU) made them an extremely dominant team over the last two years. All three of these girls started Varsity for their high schools this year (kirby started two).

[Edited by caramelcutiepie on 3-23-03 9:18A]

[Edited by caramelcutiepie on 3-23-03 9:20A]

• 4 weeks later...

I'll have to disagree with Jacquelyn Kremer being one of the best freshmans. I dont even think she could have started at two of the other county school. (Seymour & Pigeon Forge) I think it was just Kayla gettin hurt so they had to pick someone and it just some how became her over girls who had experience in the state tourney last year. I say if Kayla wouldnt have gotten hurt they would have won state and Kremer wouldnt have seen the floor. Maybe politics?