State Tournament Maybe Changing Sites???

TNBballMan

I read on the Jackson Sun Times website that the TSSAA is taking bids on the site for the State Tournaments. Personally, I like it at the Murphy Center on MTSU's campus. I don't think it would be good for teams to have to travel clear across the state for a tournament. If it were to change hands, Tennessee Tech would be the best option. TTU's Eblen Center can hold quite a few people and with it packed in there, it would be extremely loud and a great atmosphere to play in. But I still say it should stay at the Glass House in the 'Boro because as they say...Murfreesboro is the geographic center of the state.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree w/ you tnballman. The State Championship should stay at the Murphy Center. This is a centrally located venue for this big event. If it is moved, the only other place that I would like to see it played, would be a Vanderbilt. If it gets moved to Cookeville, imagine the drive for the West TN teams.

Remember guys, they changed the site of the "Spring Fling" from Chattanooga to Memphis. Money talks and the state tournaments walk. Everyone had that same argument about the spring fling and they moved it anyway. The TSSAA have proven they are more concerned about how much money they make rather than the travel time of teams from each end of the state.

I agree with you guys though, Murfreesboro is a great location and I hope it remains there for many years to come.

why not have it the final four instead of the final eight. let the east tennessee teams play in knoxville and the middle tn. teams play in murf. or nashville and the west tennessee teams play in memphis. take the final four teams in both boys and girls and play the championships in Murfreesboro or Nashville which is central located and look at the money every one would saveand the more the TSSAA would make. Same number of game more fans in the substates because the would be closer, and then having the boys and girls championships at the same time would fill the Murphy Center. And I would not have to make two trip and spend two weeks in Murfreesboro each year!!! any more comments

Yes they did play at Vandy a few years in the 80's. I heard the so called reason of change was due to the fact of the crowding city and being hard for teams to get around town. College and pro teams as well as their fans do well getting around big guitar. Seemed like a lame excuse to move.

Also remember the tourney use to change sites : Nashville, Knoxville, Chatt., Memphis, even Johnson City and yes the boro.