Will Alcoa Football Be Better This Year???

AlcoaRyder24

I'm hearing that the ball is now officially in Reid's court. It's his if he wants it. But that's strictly hearsay.

I will say this--and I've said it before--perhaps it is a "career move" for Coach Reid, but I've got some real problems with someone who sells himself to a program like Reid did to Blount, with part of the sales pitch being STABILITY, and then would leave after one year.

Alcoa fans better hope something better doesn't come along next year for him if he does take the job.

GovMan

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AlcoaChamp

Gray didnt take it because it was a 7000 doller pay cut. thats why, he really wanted it to. Reid wont leave because he knows the fact Alcoa has a good chance to win a coulpe of rings in the next coulpe of years at Alcoa.

Guest kma7163

Hey govman shut up!!! What do you know about anything you stick to the announcing and let coaches stick to coaching. You think you reprsent the govs but all you representis... well stick you head between your legs and you will see what you represent. :):rolleyes::D

you think you support but it is hard to support what you down grade on here

GovMan keep giving us the truth. I like the fact that you pull no punches. Ol'boy kinda got mad that you called Reid out.

Let me asked this of you: Why would Reid not take the Alcoa job? Loads of talent and the chance to win a ring or two seem to be a pretty good reason to me. Can you promise the same at WB kma716325 or whatever your name is? And by-the-way, how do you remember that name anyways?

Is Govman really telling it how it is? I am a former student at William Blount. I also am a supporter of Blount Co. Athletics. In talking to coaches and fellow parents in the system, especially William Blount , most are very frustrated at the lack of support from the AD. It is hard enough to compete at a 5-A level, compete for athletes in your own county(brothers of players transferring to other schools)while having to be in charge of field maintenance, eligibility requirements and the rest of the things that a responsible athletic director should be in charge of.It is sad to see puzzles being worked when there is so much that can be done to improve the overall athletic situation. One has to question the job description since , if I am not mistaken the H.S. athletic directors in Blount co. have no classes to teach. As for the opinion of Govman in an earlier thread, would he or she not want to go to a better position, a place where there is tradition, better athletes, more support? How exciting would you be if you worked all year to get a field looking as good as it has ever looked , and you see soccer on it . This is in no way slamming the soccer athletes, but an AD's responsibility is to ensure that if there is going to be a athletic program, it either shares the responsibility of maintaining the fields, or finding a place for that soccer team to practice and play. One has to wonder why the last two coaches at william blount chose to leave.Both were very hard working, and successful. Again, MY opinion is that it comes from the decision of Blount co. schools to just HAVE a program, w/o giving good coaches the proper support, not only from the school board, but on site from the athletic director. Overseeing on occasion from a golf cart just isnt enough.