Some predictions about 5-5A football next year?

metsdude

What does everyone think will be the outcome of region 5-5A next season? The final regular season order was...

1. Gallatin 10-0

2. Beech 8-2

3. Hendersonville 6-4

4. Hunters Lane 5-5

5. Antioch

6. McGavock

7. Glencliff

I dont really know the returning players for each team, except Beech! They will have the talent of RJ Meadows, Kyle DiMeola, Jeremy Leftwich, Malcolm Sheffield, etc., there might be more!!! Anyway can anyone tell me some returners to each squad, and the predicted region order of finish! I predict....

1. Hendersonville

2. Beech

3. Gallatin (alot of graduating seniors)

4. Hunters Lane (new coach might hurt chances)

5. Antioch

6. Glencliff

7. McGavock

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the middle Tennessee 5A regions are very tough, and this is no exception. I just hope that Gallatin doesn't struggle as much as you forsee. Even though they did turn the lights off on us (haha, small joke, calm down Green Wave fans) I do like 'em for some reason. I'd love to see another FHS-Gallatin playoff matchup next year just I'd rather it be at Franklin. We'll make sure the water treatment down wind of the school is really smelling good that night. ;) Looking forward to seeing what this region will be like.

Hey, be sure to release the dogs from the nearby pound too. :D

Oh, and hey, I guess Franklin was lighting it up so much that Gallatin decided they could turn off theirs...Oh wait, never mind, Franklin lost in the next round, so they couldn't have been playing that well...

I'm mean, I know. ;)

Shadow, I know you're right about Hunters Lane. The Waller kid is where I'm hung up on them. I think he's definitely recruitable at wideout where he showed big play potential against the best teams in the Region last year. But, I also feel like he's got to get at least 10 touches a game to be a huge factor. Can he get those on the outside? Or will Coach Campbell move him around some? What are your thoughts?

Ive been a Warrior fan for a long time, but i really dont think the Warriors will have it this year. They cant depend on Waller to do everything, even though he just about can. With a new coach, i truly believe it will be a rebuilding year. Campbell will have to find a quarterback that can throw the ball as well. Thats what killed them last year. They couldnt throw the ball, even though there running game was affective most of the time. Look at Gallatin for example. They had a powerful running attack, but they could also throw the ball downfield to keep the defense guessing. Hendersonville was able to accomplish that as well a couple years ago on there way to the Championship game against Riverdale. Like it was this past season, it will come down to Antioch and Hunters Lane getting the final playoff spot.

HL has a qb, J. Crutcher, soph., will be one of the most excitng run-pass players in metro next year. He can throw the deep ball as well as making the first tackler miss when he runs. C. Waller, J. Kennerly lead a fast and talented group of backs and ends that can score from anywhere on the field. Coach Campbell will need to rebuild the O-line and D-line but with the help of an outstanding staff the Warriors will continue to be in the top of the region.

:)