Blount Tries For Meadows

Guest NineInchNails

Guest NineInchNails

Word is around the county that William Blount is actively seeking the employment of Scott Meadows of Jefferson County (formerly of Alcoa). And I have also heard that the offer is an offer than can't be refused. That would be a great pickup for Blount but a HORRIBLE decision for Meadows. What do you girls think?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hammontree did not apply for the job last time AND at the present time William Blount IS NOT "actively pursuing" anyone. They are accepting applications and resume's from anyone who is qualified for the position and wants to apply.

If any --- and I say if --- pursuing has been done, it has been initiated by Meadows.

Just keepin' it real.

GovMan

North Gwinnett isn't a bad job. I would be surprised to see Hammontree leave it to coach at WB. The only reason I can think of is if he's gotten tired of Atlanta. But North Gwinett is in the suburbs, so its not too different from coaching at a place like MAryville.

[Edited by lawdawg on 4-1-03 11:59A]

[Edited by lawdawg on 4-1-03 11:59A]

Wait and see guys ... wait and see. There are so many variables to take into consideration ... sure money is important; success of the program you're at is key; but don't ever rule out the lure of being back where you grew up or being around family and friends ... not only yours, but even perhaps your wive's.

Blue Sally you asked where I got my info (incidentally you did notice didn't you that I wasn't the one that said Meadows was interested or that WB was interested in Meadows). That's what's great about the old GovMan ... I don't get it from anyone ... I make up almost everything I say on here ... pull it out of thin air.

But oftentimes, I'm a great guesser!!!

GovMan

[Edited by GovMan on 4-1-03 12:40P]

moving back home would be a determining factor, but meadows grew up in roane county. He play at Rockwood. his wife grew up in maryville though. i still say it's all hogwash. he wont leave jeff for a few years, if at all. If he does leave, i dont think it would happen b/c more than likely he'll take a pay cut wherever he goes