who has the highest batting average in the state

quarterpounder

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that hard to determine what is a hit and what is not. I don't think many coaches would allow padding the stats either. If someone is keep score and has knowledge for the game that will keep it accurate. Our sports department has found that most of the time the home and away books match up very well. I can't speak for other places but for Carter, Johnson and Washington Counties, the schools do a very good job at keeping the books.

How about the coaches that knock a player's average DOWN? There have been instances where a conflict between either player/coach or player/parent has caused a player's average to drop. Some weird things happen when coaches don't treat everyone the same. But then again, some go up, some go down...it all depends on who you are...

I'll give you a name, Jacob Smith. I assure you that the stat keepers at Eagleville High School are honest. What good does it do anybody to be dishonest? coach's son or not? Jacob is batting .597 after 17 games. He has 33 hits including 9 doubles and 2 home runs, not to mention Jacob has hit successfully in all 17 games this season. Although Eagleville is a single A program, we still face good pitching, and in my opinion, Jacob is the best hitter in the mid-state. :)

HOW DO YOU FIGURE 33 FOR 56 IS.589 AND 33FOR 55 IS .600 SO HOW DO Y0U COME UP WITH .597 ALSO HOW MANY 2A 3A OR 4A TEAMS HAS HE FACED BUT PAGE. PLAY SHELBYVILLE, BEECH GALLATAN JACKSON SOUTHSIDE LAWERENCE CO LEWIS CO LIKE ARE KIDS HAVE AND I BET THAT AVE WOULD FALL. I'VE SEEN HIM ALL LAST SUMMER AGAINST GOOD PITCHING AND HE DIDN'T HIT OVER .250 :D