Carmello Anthony or Lebron James?

Theanswer

Darko Milicic is the 'overseas giant' and like someone said he has been proving that he can play against some professional overseas players. He is only 18 and is 7'. One European player from the U.S. can't remember his name, refers to him as the European Kevin Garnett. Sounds like to me he plays a lot like Dirk Nowitzki because of the incredible size and ability to shoot the outside shot. I don't think you could go wrong with either player, but my guess if Anthony comes out that it will go James, Milicic and then Anthony. It isn't the incredible dunks or athleticism that separates Lebron James from the others, but his incredible court vision. He sees the floor better than anyone no matter the competition.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im glad someone out there realizes that james has not proved that much yet. i do agree he sees the floor amazingly but he has just not played the same kinds of competition! i heard the same thing about that kid overseas. he is suppossedly a pretty good three point shooter, being 7'0 and all. i think short term anthony will produce sooner than james but they ill both be unstoppable before their respective careers are over. if anthony proves me right and does produce sooner than james it will just prove tha goin to college, even it be for a year, can help you improve and get ready to compete in college! good luck to all 3!

No question, LeBron James. Carmelo Anthony is a great basketball player, he will be a great #2 pick. LeBron James is Carmelo Anthony plus 20 pounds of muscle, plus more athleticism, plus more ballhandling, and plus truly brilliant passing and floor vision.

I thought I'd heard that Darko Milicic won't be eligible for this draft because he's still too young, but I'm not sure about that. Regardless, I think he, Carmelo Anthony, and LeBron James will be fantastic pros.

Carmelo killed Lebron James last year in HS. When Carmelo played for Oak Hill Academy.

NO WAY!

I'd pick Carmelo over Lebron.

Lebron will get picked because of the hype, than the european kid.

Carmelo has led his team as a freshman to the NCAA title game. Carmelo has proven on the HS level now college level just how good he is. You guy's will see.

Alright, Carmelo definately did not kill James when they played in HS last year. Anthony finished with 34 and 11 and James had 36 and 9. I just looked up several articles on the game and they all talked about how stacked Oak Hill was with 8 D-1 players and how James had to carry his team on his back just to make it close. James had to go against double-teams and at times triple-teams for the whole game. They all said that James was MVP of the game. I read one hoops ranking site from when Lebron was a junior(he was #1 prospect in the nation, Anthony was #2) and it said that he was his devastating best in the clutch. It said James had the best all-around game of anyone in the nation, so good it was scary. I'll take James, because as we all know, a proven player in college does NOT equal a proven player in the NBA. Look at who is bigger, faster, stronger. Who has the best all-round game? Who has more upside? Lebron James does.

[Edited by Dice1550 on 4-7-03 7:44A]

Lebron James will be the #1 draft pick. Some of you are saying "he plays against high school kids" so what all the high schoolers he is playing against are going D1 and if he goes to college he'll be playing against the same players! He lead his team to an undefeated season against high school teams(oak hill) that could probably beat most mid-major universities! L.J. always will be the #1 pick

Not all of the players he played against will go D-1. He would play against much better players at Syracuse. Anthony has proven himself at the highest level of college basketball. James is a fantastic high school player, but the pros will take the proven talent in this case. Remember, Anthony is only one year removed from the high school game. If he were a Junior or Senior I would see it different.

The pros will take the player they think is the best long-term investment with the #1 overall pick. I think that's still LeBron James, because he's stronger, a better athlete, and a better ballhandler and distributor. I don't really see Anthony as being able to play the 2 in the NBA in terms of ballhandling, but LeBron can play the 2 full-time and can play the point offensively, though he'd probably struggle with the smaller, quicker point guards. I think both will be dynamite NBA players, but LeBron still goes #1 because he has more potential, and he very well could be slightly better right now.