Oak Ridge and Lussier

Beagleboy

I'm very well aware that this is a football board. If you read some old posts you will find I am responding to the coach that said OR coaches in football would not shake hands with his players. I'm saying the same thing happened in basketball. I was at a basketball game where the OR coaches and 1 player did not shake the hands of the opposing team that won. I was at that game and it also happened last year with the same opposing team. I was at both games. Obviously, you were not. We even have it on video if you would like to see it. My point is not to bash OR. My point was that win or lose you shake hands. The better team won that day, simple as that. You can be disappointed with how your team played or any number of things, but the other team deserves respect. That's all I'm saying.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest doitnow

As far as the OR coaches not shaking hands. I think if you check your video closely you will find that the coaches shook hands with the opposing coaches. As far as the one player not shaking hands, couldn't really speak to that, except to say it would be hard for coaches or anyone else to stand there and make sure that each and every player shakes the hand of the oposition. I think you will find that the OR coaches shake the hand of the opposing coach but not usually the players. I think that they probably feel that they have a relationship with the coach and not the players. I do know that they expect their players to shake the other teams hand at the conclusion of the game. I don't think that they expect the other coaches to shake their players hands unless they knew them personally. Just thought I would add this as maybe a differnt perspective. Probably doesn't make sense to anyone but myself and I am sure that no one cares. But, there it is for what it is worth. :(

I understood what you were saying!!! What I am saying is that because you are an OR coach or player show some respect for the other team and their coaches. They are working hard to win just like OR. Some of the things that the OR coaches do (and showing the kids by example) is the very reason others are on Coach T bashing OR. Everyone thinks their team is the best, but don't treat other schools (teams and coaches) like they are a nobody by turning your nose up at them. You have to respect OR because of the effort that is put in my everyone in that city to make their schools the very best--the best schools, the best football program, awesome band, etc. Others are trying to do the same---still we show respect to others schools and programs whether we won or lost!!!!!

Guest doitnow

I get your point. Once again, I am only speaking about the OR Girls BBall Coaches. I feel that they have and do show respect to other programs that they play. I believe that most coaches that play them and have contact with them will tell you that have a good relationship with the OR Girls BBall coaches. I realize this is a football site and I am probably way off base or out of line, but got off on this tangent (sp) and you know how that goes. I also think that getting in a line after a game and slapping hands is not a good way to congratulate the other team. But once again that is just me. Don't know if I made a point or not but here it is. Thanks for your insight. :(