Oak Ridge and Lussier

Beagleboy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would much rather get beat in the regular season than get demolished at home in the playoffs as was the case in 2000. My brother started that year and he told me there was no way that they were going to lose to you guys again. I thought that it was bull that Lussier wouldn't play us during the season anymore. But, I think that we might be playing this year (not sure)

Oak Ridge and db are set to play each other again during the next two seasons. Of course, after reading all the negative meassages about the Wildcats, I doubt Oak Ridge will be able to stay on the field with the Tribe. Unless they cheat, right?

Oh well, best of luck to the Wildcats this season and continue to make all current and past Oak Ridgers proud to be an Oak Ridge Wildcat :D I'm now officially moved in at our new home in Hixson, TN which means I will also be rooting for the Hixson High Wildcats on Friday nights. Same great nickname but the colors have changed to black and gold. I'll probably still wear my OR cardinal and gray stuff to the games, though.

~~Take care to everybody back in the Ridge :D

Steve

PS

Now, I'll go read all the garbage being posted on CoachT about the Oak Ridge girls basketball team. People can post what they want but it doesn't make any of it true :D

It is true. I'm not one to get one here and post crap. When I played against you guys it was the best. The players that started were the classiest and best players that we faced. The younger guys that played special teams were dirty (grabbing croutches, etc.). One guy that I always had a good time on the field with was Billy Shipley. Great player and even better competietor. One heckuva guy and so was Mike Adams. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm not here to bash OR. 2000 is a true story, I promise. Regardless, good luck to you guys because you and us are the class of TN in my opinion.

I hate to be the 2nd person to get on here and speak about Oak Ridge's mysterious "11-man fake out" by Adonis Johnson. I started that game and was standing right beside coach Clark in the locker room when he was told that our signals were being scanned. I don't want to bash the Wildcats because I do have respect for them and their program, but that DID happen and it is a shame that a high school coach would pull something that low. Oak Ridge did beat us 21-10 at our place in 2000 right after we had knocked off Sevier County, but I would take that loss anyday to see what happened at Blankenship some playoff time. 32-6

So what is the excuse of coaches of the girl's basketball team at Oak Ridge when they lost and they didn't shake the coaches hands or the players. The opposing team was lined up (players and coaches) and no hand shake and 1 player at OR did the same (shown by example of her coaches). Surely OR wasn't so caught up in the excitement that night. If OR wins, then everything is great and they are more than ready (usually) to rub it in your face. If they lose, then they want to walk off the court and not acknowledge anyone. These kids need better examples. OR may have great coaches, and they do, but they need to remember what they are teaching the kids by their examples.

What game was this that you say the Oak Ridge girls didn't shake hands? This is a football board and I can tell you that the kids on the Oak Ridge football team will shake hands in victory or defeat. I have to believe that the same holds true with the girls. What team do you say you follow? Why is there so much hate for Oak Ridge? Read these posts? Nobody likes Oak Ridge for some reason. Why is that?