Who will be the top contender for the 4A state cha

Scuba7

Guest 1uk1vol

Maryville has to be the odds on favorite out of the East. I don't know about the teams in the West. Teams to look for to give them a run for thier money this year will have to be Knox Central,(so much talent) and also Morristown West (as good of a total program as Maryville with the coaching staff there now. It has taken them some time but they seem to keep getting better every year under Woods.) Its going to be a great year. M'town West has a great schedule this year it may put them over the top at the end of the year, to go to the championship. They will not be challenged in thier district.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with all the talk about next year all u keep saying is maryville or memphis whoever. How dare u not mention the only other team to make it to state in the last 2 years, hillsboro. WE ought to get some type of respect considering all of our backfeild is returning plus new transfers from overton, a 6'2 330lb transfer from franklin and a 6'4 qb with a 50 yard throw at ease. not to mention the highest ranked defense on this side of Maryville.

Guest 1uk1vol

If you will read I said that I don't know anything about the teams in the West. I was refering to the teams in the East going to the championship game. good luck with all that talent I hope you do well sounds like you will have a solid team. I thought that you had Maryville out talented last year however they won it.

Guest OvertonFan

Crest77---15 years or so could include the 22 years you mentioned, that is why I said or so. Not to mention the fact that others were bringing up teams in the 90's and 80's, so Overton's 81' team fits in to the mix. Also, I was not on anyone, I was simply bringing up a good point in my opinion. If you take exception to my point then maybe you need to get off of someone other than yourself. I don't know who your teams is, was, or might be but with the remark you made I would bet that you must feel Overton's 81' team was better otherwise you wouldn't have taken it so personally.

Hillsboro will be tough again.

The amazing thing about Hillsboro and Maryville last year was both teams suffered huge losses and still made it to Murfreesboro.

Maryville lost TJ Brock and Alex Rouse before the season started. Losing two players like that would ruin other teams season. Hillsboro lost their best player Walter Fisher jr. That guy was awesome in the 2001 blue cross bowl.That tells you how good those teams were and they would have been better had they not lost them players.

Brandon. I never saw the 81 Brentwood Academy team play but for them to beat Kingston the way they did was awesome.Kingston was very good that year. They had a stud running back named Albert Foster. My senior year at Maryvile was the 81 season.I was on the team. Kingston beat us twice that year. Those were our only losses. They beat us 12-7 in the regular season and 6-2 in the semifinals.