Who will be the top contender for the 4A state cha

Scuba7

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JPATS Maryville has always been accused as being snobs by the county schools. By the way my wife graduated from William Blount also. We may never produce a player like Riggs. We are more interested in producing good students. Mr Football Carl Stewart is an excellent student as is Lee Humphrey who won Mr Basketball. Both make outstanding grades. Riggs it would seem has struggled in that area a bit. And i work with a guy who sat next to Riggs father during the Maryville Game and he was yelling at the Red Bank coaches and players while Junior was constantly getting stuffed at the line of scrimmage all night long. Sorry if you were offended at our stadium, and sorry if we roughed up your hero too much. By the way has your name legally been changed or does your drivers license still say FBWIZ. How bout your checks and stuff? Changing names is a real pain isn't it?

dude, i wish that i knew this fbwiz character. i promise you that this is my first time using this site. however, we must have a few things in common, like getting maryville fans aroused. man, i am a freakin comedian--you know, jack benny. what more of a hint do you need? honestly, some maryville fans were a bit rude toward riggs but that is part of the game. i'm sure maryville has great and bad fans just like an other community has. like i was trying to tell starsnbars last night, this is just some good-ole bs. as for being a fan, i like jeff.co. & morr. west (the 2 schools that i attended). this will be the first yr that i can remember where both of these schools have an excellent chance of winning state championships together. i'm predicting west to finish 15-0 & jeff.co. 14-1.

Another similarity between you and football whiz. This time last year he was on here touting Greeneville and telling MW fans how the Green Devils were going to dominate them. He mentioned Jeff County quite a bit also. So he is from your neck of the woods. If MW goes 15-0 more power to them. If i were really a fan of theirs though that is the last prediction i would be making. It puts just that much more pressure on their "other" fans on this board as well as the players.

first, let me say that maryville without argument fielded two of the greatest teams in tn's hs football history. if i made a top ten list of tn's greatest teams it would be as follows: (1) 96 brentwood a. (2) 94 riverdale. (3) maryville 2001. (4) 89 alcoa. (5) 87 jeff. co. (6) 2002 maryville. (7) 86 knox halls. (8) 96 peral cohn. (9) 91 oak ridge. (10) 83 germantown. as for as west finishing 15-0, they have a good chance. i don't think a comedian as myself is going to put any pressure on west. fact, they are on a mission and will take no prisoners. fact, they are like a beast with an unquenchable hunger. fact, they have their eyes focused on the prey(state championship, not maryville), which is the only thing that can satisfy their hunger. fact, they will not let nothing or anyone stand in their way. fact, i have never seen a team this hungry since alcoa's 89 squad.

fbwiz when I said I take everything serious, it was as usual sarcasm. My top 10 for Tennessee High School Football that I have seen would be:

1. Tennessee High (Bristol)'71-ranked #1 nationally.

2. Cleveland '93-An offensive machine with speed to burn.

3. Pearl Cohn '97-Henderson and Co., unbelieveable talent.

4. Brentwood Academy '81-Hockaday and company were tough.

5. Maryville '70-Wilson's best team, ranked #13 nationally.

6. Loudon '74-Led by Clemson signee Marlon "Bubba" Brown.

7. Jefferson Co. '87-Led by Collins, Spivey and T. Quarles.

8. Oak Ridge '91-Great speed and size.

9. Milan '77-Tucker had a great offense.

10. (TIE) Alcoa '89 and Maryville '98-Awesome talent.

Honorable Mention-Cleveland '94,'95; Halls '86,'96; Bradley Central '78; Loudon '69,'75; A.E. '86; Kingston '73; Red Bank '00; Oak Ridge '75,'79,'80; Humboldt '79; Maryville '78,'01,'02. Go Rebs.

[Edited by STARSNBARS on 4-14-03 8:54P]

dude, you know your history. as for myself, i don't know much about hs football further back than 83. if you analyzed from this yr(83) forward, who would be in your top 10? what do you think of my picks? another question, do you think teams from the 70s or 80s would fare well against teams from today or the 90s? i may be wrong but it would seem that the latter teams would be superior--more knowledge about weightlifting, better equipment, etc... do you agree? contrary to what you might think, i really think you are probably the most intelligent person on this board.

[Edited by JPATS5 on 4-14-03 4:17P]

hey, jeff's upcoming seniors only lost one game when they were freshman and it was to william blount 22-21. they had a very good team (jennings, houston, etc...). they beat dobyns bennett's fr. team for the first time in 10 yrs (30-0)and was beating greeneville 47-0 in the third qtr. i believe the final turned out to be something like 54-14. the following week jeff was suppose to play morr.west, but west backed out and opted to play austin east who previously had an open date. question, did maryville's upcoming sr's play wb when they were fr? and if so, how did they fare? another question, how do you think meadows will do with jeff's best talent in 15 yrs.?

I would have to include to your list from '83 on, the following teams: A.E. '86, Cleveland '93, Maryville '98, and Red Bank '00.

There is no doubt the kids of today are bigger, stronger, and better trained. Football now at all levels is a lot more specialized than in the past. Anyway, I made my list from how the teams that I have seen fared against the competition RELATIVE to their era. It's just my 2 cents, but I have seen a lot of high school football. That's what happens when you get old. Go Rebs.

[Edited by STARSNBARS on 4-14-03 8:56P]

My guess is you saw the BA vs. Kingston state championship in 1981, and that is why that team made the list. Other than Milan and Pearl-Cohn, all other teams are from east TN. For that matter, what about the 86 Austin East team? Plenty of Sunday players. The thing that amazes me is that the only BA team you put on your list is the 81 team. I will ahve to agree with you it was a great team....the best ever produced at BA. What about the 1996 BA team? Most say it was the greatest high school team in the history of TN HS football. No Riverdale teams? Come on! :confused:

[Edited by Brandon100 on 4-14-03 4:55P]

[Edited by Brandon100 on 4-14-03 4:56P]

hey, i owe you an apology. my instigating reached a point of something less than desirable and led me to disrespecting you and few other maryville fans. though it's fun to get a rouse out of people, there has to be a line, and i clearly crossed that line. i hope you accept my apology.