Who will be the top contender for the 4A state cha

Scuba7

I believe Blount won that year. But don't put too much stock in freshman games. Physical development, TEAM cohesion, work ethic, coaching, growth spurts, players not quitting, getting injured, or transferring are very important. Additionally, look at the football team as 3 classes and not just one. Case in point; The MHS football team of 2001 had a small but good class, but they were not very good as freshman. But by adding classes together along with good coaching and TEAMWORK they got rings.

Meadows is a good coach. I think he is a hard worker and he and Quarles are very good friends from what I hear. When he lost his stepson in 2001, the whole community (Alcoa, Maryville, and Blount County) shared in their grief. Go Rebs.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with brandon. the 96 BA team was the greatest team that i ever watched. man, jeff.co. was on a roll that yr in the playoffs. they beat riverdale in round 2 44-41, remembering they lost to them in week 3 35-14; they beat a very good soddy daisy team 49-26; beat oak ridge in the semi's 26-7(oak ridge had a very good running back that yr, can't remember his name), anyway, they stopped him with ease. however, when they met BA in the championship game, they were demolished 28-7. the score did not reflect what happened. trust me it could have been 49-0. BA was so freakin quick, and they executed with near perfection. i have never seen anything like it in hs football.

[Edited by JPATS5 on 4-14-03 5:11P]

1. Cleveland 93 team

2. BA 1996 team.

3. BA 95 team

4. Austin East 86 team

5. Jefferson County 87 team

6. Lincoln County 93 team

7. Maryville 98 team

8. Melrose 96 team

9. 97 Pearl Cohn team

10. 2000 Red Bank team.

Those are the 10 best teams i have seen. Other great ones were

Marion County 95 team

Alcoa 89 and 2000 team

Maryville 2001 and 2002 teams

Milan 1977 and 1999 teams

Cleveland 95 team

Melrose 98 team

Trousdale 98 team

Ezell Harding 2001

CPA 2000

Portland 2000

BA 1993

Guest OvertonFan

Everyone is talking about the best top ten teams in roughly the past 15 or so years. Everyone is forgetting that in 1981, Overton won the then 4A state title and was ranked 11th nationally. I would say that they would have to qualify as one of the best teams ever, right?

does anyone when jackson central-merry is moving down to 4a because they were a very good team this year in 5a so they could be a force in 4a. if they're still 5a this year i'd say maryville all the way. brandon i also was glad to see you're post about the whole recruiting thing because i go to a private school and we are constantly accused of recruiting just because we win every year. i think it's funny that we recruit our players even though most of them have been going to our school since junior high or earlier.