Boyd Christain Parent vs Ref @ Sewanee? Both Lose

MountainLion

Boyd Christian quit at half, behind 1-0 in Sewanee against SAS on Monday afternoon. The Boyd coach did not want any of their players to get a red card, which she felt was inevitable.

The referee and a parent (coach?) from Boyd Christian had to be seperated after the game. Seems the parent questioned the Ref's manhood and the Ref questioned the parent's manhood. Banished to his truck, the parent invited the ref to meet him down the street and the ref had his shirt off and was getting ready to go. Fortunately both decided against it--- there probably would have been a heart attack.

It was a spectacle------Adults behaving badly. The kind of stuff you read about but as a student you don't think you will ever see.

[Edited by MountainLion on 4-15-03 8:43P]

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been happy with the way the teams in my district have composed themselves. I go to a private school, and the schools that we play havn't really said anything at all. there was the one time when number 5 from ezell ran across the field to hit our player in the back... resulting in a card, but besides that i can't even remember a time in which i left the field angry b/c of sportsmanship. we played overton, and they didn't even behave poorly, and they don't get the hottest rep as a school, so i was surprized to not hear a lot of talk from them. just my 2 cents... sad story tho.

It is a sad situation when a Christian school acts worse than about every team in the state (parents included). These players and parents are what give Christians a bad name! I wonder what F. C. Boyd, Sr. would say about the quality of students on the soccer field. I don't think he would be real happy!!!!

"Christian" or not there is not a place on the field for dirty play or profane language. Teams that can succeed at a high level and keep themselves under control have my highest respect.

Clean it up F. C. Boyd, Sr. "Christian" School! :)

I agree that reguardless of the type of school you go to that type of behavior does not belong on the pitch of a soccer match. Somthing that has instigated many situations like this is the the inexperience and lack of knowledge of the referees in the state of TN. The past two games that i have played in there have been very violent tackles from behind which could've injured our player seriously. These tackles either were not called or, were called and not carded when it was an obvious cardable offense. Players on the field must be protected by the referee or find a way to protect themselves. Somtimes this means retaliating to a violent tackle that is intended to hurt the player in order to protect themselves. If these situations are to be stopped the referees need to do a better job of protecting players and carding violent tackles.

[Edited by finhead1212 on 4-22-03 11:15P]

As sometimes happens, the entire situation with St. Andrews was taken out of context--the problem was the referee and his bizarre behaviour--even the AD at St. Andrews apologized to Boyd and said he didn't blame them for leaving. In order to protect the players, and to keep things from escalating, Boyd chose to leave--good decision.

Everything else said in the posts was incorrect.

TONIGHT WE PLAYED BOYD AND IT WAS A PRETTY AGGRESIVE GAME...IN THE END RESULTING IN A FIGHT.....THIS IS HOW IT BEGAN....KID FROM MY TEAM MADE A PRETTY AGGRESIVE TACKLE AN THE KID FROM BOYD GOT IN HIS FACE...WELL ONE KID FROM YORK CAME OVER AN GOT IN THE KIDS FACE AN THE KID FROM BOYD SLAPPED HIM HE DIDNT HIT HIM HE SLAPPED HIM WEAKLY....AND THEN AFTER THIS HAPPEN ANOTHER YORK KID RAN IN AN PUSHED HIM AN WAS HIT IN THE JAW....BUT ANOTHER KID RAN IN AN THREW A HAYMAKER AN DECKED THE BOYD PLAYER AN HE HIT THE GROUND....ENDING THE GAME WITH SOME RED CARDS TO CERTAIN PLAYERS OFF BOYDS TEAM AND YORKS TEAM.......