Brentwood High, Maryville or MBA?

WarriorFan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say maryville was definitely the best last year. the year before i think mccallie and riverdale were pretty even. the two years before that, mba had the best teams. i'd say year in and year out, dII is the strongest. 5a is strong in the middle and west, and 4a is strong in the east, but i think DIIAAA is the best overall.

Cause Franklin's only losses came to Brentwood. How is Germantown any different from Franklin? Their only loss came to Brentwood. And as for MBA, they had a great team and they peaked at the end. So yes, because they were the state champions in a strong division you would have to put them ahead of any team that wasn't a state champion. Screw the whole public/private thing, DIIAAA is a strong division and a state champ from there should get props. All I'm gonna say though is don't rag on the Rebels from Franklin unless you actually saw them play. If you didn't, you really can't say much. Which is why I can't say anything about MBA except to congratulate them for a state championship.

Very well said MaryvilleRebels and Rebron. I have never heardof a team who had so many injury's to key players and accomplished what this team did. So many kids steped up to keep the big reb machine firing on all cylinders. It was fun to watch and be apart of something that huge. The senior class may not of had many players go to the next level but the 2002 Maryville Red Rebles were one of the greatest football "TEAMS" I have ever heard of. I am proud of the kids and the men who coached them as well as the commuinity who supports them. Say waht you will about who can beat who, but last season will live rich in my heart for the rest of my life. Go Rebs!

flyinpro, MaryvilleRebels, Rebelron well said. When someone went down, somebody else picked up the slack. Yet others toughed it out and played injured on heart and guts. It was amazing to watch these "brothers" find a way, for 15 weeks, to prevail week in and week out. That's what happens when no one cares about who gets the credit and a bunch of young men buy into the TEAM concept. They simply would NOT be denied. Go Rebs.

Hey Redtwin, I think that is the first time I've ever heard Tyreese's name mentioned on this board. He was only here at Western for a semester after I got here, but he was a specimen. 6'4" and about 255lbs, with cat quickness and freaky explosion. Watching him do hang cleans was scary. I dont know why he never really played that much here though.