Interesting Comments in Chattanooga Times Free Pre

smookie

In last friday's 4-25-03 Free Press a interesting article about Chattanooga football was there. Well one of the statements made by one of the Chattanooga Coaches was down right disgusting. In response to his team on the rise in 4a this coach stated that "It's like getting a good looking girl on the couch and closing the deal." If I knew how to transfer this article to this site I would but I am computer illiterate on those issues.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the comments and I know the coach. There's nothing wrong with his coaching abilities, and sometime, we say things that sound good at the time, but come off wrong in the paper. My guess is his comments were genuine but he would like to take back the phrase and change it to another. What he was trying to say was that this year they need to close the sale and finish first.

[Edited by ELA on 4-29-03 9:25A]

Guest blue1

There is no excuse for any professional educator to make an off color comment like that. It may not have stated but it certainly implied inaappropriate behavior. This is a man that is suppose to be an example to our young men. Teaching them not only to be good football players but also good sports and gentlemen. As a father of a daughter although now she is in her 30's I take great exception to what his comment implied. He certainly should be reprimanded and make a public apology in the same newspaper. And in the future think before he makes another distasteful comment. There is no excuse for his DISGUSTING comment!!!! :o;):o

I am glad everyone on this board is so squeaky clean and above reproach they can judge everyone else. Maybe we should all become ministers! I believe the comments the coach made were not appropriate and I am sure he, if put in that situation again would say something different, but please everyone calm down b/c I would say that maybe your children hear worse at home or around others. We have all said and done things we regret or look back on and wish we had not done.My question is for the one wondering about the pep talk is this any worse than the ole hard nosed coach using a few cuss words in a speech?? The only difference in this situation and others is that the coach in question made the mistake of saying this off-color comment in public rather than within the closed doors of a locker room. Not any worse than alot of players have heard from other coaches. I will end with before you judge others look at yourself first. :D