Division Ii Middle Region

FrankL

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood Academy 3, Battle Ground Academy 1

Stephen Burris's pitching and Andrew Hogin's bat led the Eagles to an exciting win today in Brentwood. Hogin's 2nd-inning solo blast instigated a BA hitting spree which netted 3 runs and eventually gave them the win. Jared Johnson pitched very well for BGA, but BA pounded out a few hits and played effective defense to secure the win.

The Eagles will play Father Ryan in the Winner's Bracket Final, Wednesday @4:30 at David Lipscomb University. BGA hosts either St. Andrews or USN tomorrow.

Sorry BA fans, I'm back. I got back late last night. But don't worry, i'm a changed man. I like this new CoachT website, its very cool. My roommate showed me basically how to use it, but i might have some questions.

I received information late last night that BGA was playing BA today. So i got to make it out there today. Here's what i came to conclusion of... BGA out husseled, out played, out hit, and out pitched BA. the only thing BA did better was get timely hits. After watching the enthusiasm of BGA and how every single person was in the game, i came to the conclusion that BGA will be going to Memphis. BGA's pitcher pitch great and they hit well, but didn't have timely hitts. As soon as they get timely hits, they will be hard to beat.

I heard today that BA was automatically going to State, how come? Wesvols, it was neat getting to put a face with your name :D

CoachBlue, I'm glad you could make it out to the game. I disagree, however, about BA being outhit and outhustled. The Eagles had a few pings off of Johnson (though he is a good pitcher), and while BGA threatened in the 1st and 2nd, the BA pitching staff settled down and began to make plays. I won't claim that BA dominated the game, but I don't think they were outplayed. Good game, though, and best of luck to you in upcoming games. :D

thanks FrankL, my roommate helped me out with it.

Wesvols, BGA had about 2 hits everyinning with the exception of the tall pitcher's first inning. BA really only had one big hitting inning, that was when that guy hit the homerun and BA followed with 2 hits and a texas leageer. But best of luck to both BA and BGA.

I am still waiting for BGA to bust out of this funk they're in. Odds are it will

happen this week.

Too many "hot bats" have been quiet. It's time heat em' up again.

Coachblue, right on target. I am amazed at how BA won 4 games against

BGA.......timely hits.

I believe BGA had zero errors, left over 12 on base.

Let's just say the Cats are priming the pump. This is their week. :D

BigRed3, tough luck. Wish we'd be playing in the champ bracket on Wednesday. :D