Please excuse me

PureFP

I hate to bust your bubble but Goodpasture is the best team in any classification. They could play the state champs in any classification back to back without pitching Pieroni every game and still win hands down. It's scary to think how good they'll be next year only losing 2 seniors. And by the way Soddy and Boyd are the only two decent teams Chattanooga has, Middle Tennessee dominates softball. The state tournament needs to come home to Middle Tennessee to stay. :D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree...sorry! Middle TN is where the heat is at. There are teams, such as Greenbrier (State Champs), Lipscomb, Hume Fogg, Father Ryan, Brentwood, etc etc.. tougher districts here for sure. Soddy and Boyd are the toughest teams in the Chatt area. I respect them. Hume Fogg beat Boyd, and had a very close game with Soddy..so basically i think middle TN dominates softball for sure. Goodpasture is the best team out there. I give Danielle a lot of points for pitching with a broken leg. Most girls would just cry and sit out the games. Good job girl...

bigpack, I must agree with you that Goodpasture had the best team this year, but the rest of your comment is pure bonehead. What do you mean by hands down? That they would win back to back games easily ? They beat USJ 1-0, Boyd 1-0 and took 9 innings to beat Richland 1-0 in the substate. If they couldn't beat those 3 teams easily , how can you be so sure they could beat Soddy or Greenbriar back to back hands down? And if you say they beat Soddy during the year I will tell you they also lost to Beech twice during the year. So what? As far as being scary next year, Davidson won 4 straight at state last year, including the team that put Goodpasture out, and they didn't make it back this year with most of their team returning. And as far as Chattanooga area only having 2 decent teams, you're the most clueless poster on this board. Does a team have to win AAA or lose to Goodpasture in the finals to be decent?

Lots of speculation on this. I'm from Cumberlandand I don't want to be claimed. Our kids worked very hard for CC softball. As for the Tourney Mississippi was fine by me the umps actually did a pretty good job. Seems some places there might be some home cookin. Hum! maybe we should be claimed. As for whos the best that was settled last week and can't be argued until next year and I feel and hope will be in the debates we only lose 2 sn.

the problem with that is what would you do to the teams that are about 5 or 10 miles from chattanooga. because it seems most people on here dont know where eastern ends and central time begins. because i live in chattanooga and can almost throw a rock and hit central time. so would they have to drive all the way to nashville to play. thats why you cant split the state with middle tenn and east tenn by time zones. if that was the way all of you say chattanooga is east tenn, but than south pittsburg would be middle tenn because its in central time zone. just cant be done. split it at murfreesboro thats the middle of the state to me.

Seems to me that the arguments are good for both sides. As far as this year, it's pretty even. Baylor and Soddy-Daisy won D-II and AAA. Greenbrier and Goodpasture won AA and A.

Traditionally, it's pretty even too. Soddy has won several titles in AAA, as has East Ridge and Ooltewah. Beech has won a couple in AAA and finished runner-up a couple other times. Brentwood has been a power in AAA. Hendersonville has been there a couple times.

In AA, Lipscomb has been a power, as has Gibbs.

In A, can you say Ezell-Harding?

Father Ryan and Brentwood Academy have been D-II powers, along with Baylor and GPS.

Seems pretty even.

I think that there is more good teams in the midstate right now. Just to name a few, there's Beech, Dickson County, Rossview, Brentwood, Centennial, Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, Oakland, Hunters Lane, Greenbrier, Lipscomb, Hume-Fogg, Smith County, York Institute, Upperman, Friendship Christian, Ezell-Harding, Davidson Academy, Giles County, Marshall County, Forrest, Father Ryan, Brentwood Academy, etc. That's big-time softball.

I am a middle TN person myself, but listing all those teams means nothing. I mean there are soo many more teams to chose from in middle TN. I think it is pretty even, and there are a lot more high quality teams in Mid Tn but it is only because of the sheer number of teams.