who will be at state in 2004?

FPFanatic

With the championships of 2003 winding down tonight and tomorrow, look ahead to who might be there in 2004.

Some of the teams there this year are graduating a lot

of players, and others are losing some great players;

still others will have mostly everyone back.

Who will be at State in 2004, and why?

I'll start with the easy picks, Goodpasture, they lose two

seniors but have replacements ready.

Lipscomb, Rhodes will be back, that's all they need.

Cumberland, as I understand will have mostly all back.

Beech, loses a few seniors, but was loaded with a jr. class full of talent. Rossview, only had one senior.

Also, 9AAA should be back in form with mostly all returning

at Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, and Lavergne.

Not sure about some others that lose a lot of talent like

Soddy, Dickson, Maryville, Coffee, Greenbrier, FRA, Boyd,

BA, Father Ryan, Ezell, Brentwood.

:D

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In AAA, I expect Soddy, Cumberland, Beech, Hendersonville to be contending.

In AA, I expect to see Unicoi Cty, Gibbs, Lipscomb, Greenbrier in the running.

In A, Goodpasture, Boyd, Friendship, Ezell and USJ will probably be there.

DII the usual suspects, Baylor, BA, Ryan and St. Benedict.

Looking forward to a great year in 2004!

Congratulations to the Champs of 2003...Goodpasture, Greenbrier, Soddy Daisy and Baylor.

Another spin on this subject, earlier this year the principals in TN voted to once again split the private and

public schools in 2004. If this happens, everything in A

and AA changes, there will be more of the rural, country

schools at State due to the restructuring of all the A and AA districts. AAA should not be effected much if any.

Anyone have the latest info on this situation?

:blink:

also, AllisonE, although Hume Fogg loses a lot of players,

they should be in contention again. With a strong young

pitcher, plus the program is in a very good stage of

development, they will be one of the ones to watch. :)

Edited by FPFanatic

I agree FPFanatic... thanks! People--come out and support the hume fogg team because it takes a lot of hard work to play for this team. Aside from hours and hours of homework a night and stress from the school's academic life, the players dedicate hundreds of hours from fall ball to practices to summer ball to tournaments, to play for the blue knights. This is a dedicated group of girls, and I could not be more proud. Carly Hill and Sally Boyce will pitch a heck of a year next year. Go HFA...

I think Hunters Lane will return again next year. Amber Steen will be back next year. They are losing 5 seniors, but have several on the bench that are good ball players and a few new ones coming in along with another pitcher. They should have another great year.