Pre-season 4-A Poll

STARSNBARS

O. K. let's hear everyone's pre-season 4-A poll. I have studied who has what returning and how teams look on paper. The only thing is they don't play on paper. Plus this doesn't take into account transfers, player development, injuries,etc.... Anyway here's mine.....

1. Melrose

2. Hillsboro

3. Cleveland

4. Knox Central

5. Maryville

6. Mo-Town West

7. JCM

8. Memphis East

9. Chattanooga Central

10. Pearl Cohn

Again this is only pre-season. It's a long way to December. Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like your poll, the one's I'm not sure about are Pearl Cohn and Memphis East. I would change the following two schools:

A. White House at place # 10.

B. Put Cleveland at #1, or #2 and change Knox Central too #2 if Cleveland is #1, or Put Knox Central at #3, Hillsboro#1, and Cleveland #2.

As, a Purple Pounder fan I think it's great too see how far they have come in the past 2 years.

I think you have the 10 best candidates, Good Job.

here is mine: 1) morr. west 2) knox central 3) melrose 4) maryville 5) memphis east 6) tullahoma 7) hillsboro 8) knox halls 9) pearl cohn 10) cleveland

cleveland is the darkhorse in 4a. they have 4 or 5 great players but as usual have no depth (too many players playing both ways). if they can develop some depth, they just might bring home a state championship.

This is the way that I see it:

cdm'z poll:

1. Hillsboro - hasn't lost too much but has gained more than they had lost.

2. Melrose - should be pretty good but I believe that their qb has Graduated.

3. Maryville - has lost Alot but those young guys that practiced with those guys that graduated from last have no choice but to be good.

4. Cleveland - were pretty good last year, they shoud be even better in the 03' season.

5. Pearl-Cohn - has the tools to be pretty good this year, but their first game against Hillsboro can determine their whole season, confidence-wise.

6. Memphis East - were good and should be the 2nd best in Memphis this year.