Morristown West

TrojanMan42

if morristown west is smart, they'll line up in a 2 TE set and run the ball down maryville's throat and see if they can stop it. having to replace all 3 of their great LB's and replacing Cole McKinney at DT will be where maryville will be vulnurable. i'd balance their 4-3 up w/2 TE's and run it till they proved me they could stop it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wanna know who ya'll think will win thw mo west/cleveland game

that will be a good early season test for both teams. and the good thing about it is it will give both a good look of where they are on both sides of the ball but it does not count toward playoff implications since they are in different regions. playing a tough non region schedule with the likes of cleveland and maryville will only help MW in the long run regardless of the outcome of the games. i keep hearing that cleveland has good receivers but they will have to have a better qb than last year to make the passing game work. it hurt them in the maryville game. when the qb was not running for his life he was making bad reads and throws. i think he was a senior though. with it being the first game of the season and the past success of these two programs i would have to call it a toss up.

well the only way to beat maryville is definitely not to run right down their throat its to have a balanced attack that is how we beat them before

these days you are much better off if you do have a balanced attack. but bluesally has a point also. for the past few years maryville has lost one or two lb's at a time and then had another good one come along. this is the first time in quite a while they have lost all three. i am sure they will be tested early. i feel like we have some kids who can step in and do a good job under coach gaylor's guidance. of course with MW being week four it will depend if they have or have not already asserted themselves by then. what Alcoa, Halls and Heritage are able to do will have a lot to do with the strategy by then.

I would attend the game that may have States #1 team playing the states # 8 team. I do not consider this 5A matchup a top 10 game. Maybe for 1-5A region championship, but common these two teams cant matchup with Riverdale or some of the Middle TN teams. Each year that Maryville has played for the gold ball they were not picked to win because of reloading ( so called). They are the team to beat.

I would attend the game that may have States #1 team playing the states # 8 team. I do not consider this 5A matchup a top 10 game. Maybe for 1-5A region championship, but common these two teams cant matchup with Riverdale or some of the Middle TN teams. Each year that Maryville has played for the gold ball they were not picked to win because of reloading ( so called). They are the team to beat.

oh, i guess losing 10-9 in the semis last yr is just being completely overmatched, right? riverdale was by far the superior team, right? good! you just keep thinking that way.

I don't guess you would know anything about tradition. Look at what Maryville has done and Riverdale has done. Until these teams get out of the east I would not put my money on either one. I saw 4 teams that had more size, speed, and talent get to the 3rd round for 3 years straight, but did not have that extra to make it over that is the difference. These two teams have played (Maryville, and Riverdale) have played 45 games in the past 3 years. That means more practice time, experience, and coaching time. That helps tradition. I do hope that Jeff Co. gets back to the next level, as well as M-West, And DB, but until they do I'm betting on the teams that have.

I don't guess you would know anything about tradition.  Look at what Maryville has done and Riverdale has done.  Until these teams get out of the east I would not put my money on either one.  I saw 4 teams that had more size, speed, and talent get to the 3rd round for 3 years straight, but did not have that extra to make it over that is the difference.  These two teams have played (Maryville, and Riverdale) have played 45 games in the past 3 years.  That means more practice time, experience, and coaching time.  That helps tradition.  I do hope that Jeff Co. gets back to the next level, as well as M-West, And DB, but until they do I'm betting on the teams that have.

i can accept that. football games are played on the field, not on paper. about half of my reasoning comes from how jeff looks on paper but also on how they ended the yr and those same players returning.

Edited by JPATS5