Morristown West

TrojanMan42

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After their spring scrimmage not much. If they can not compete with teams in 3A why would they be that great in 4A, especially with the likes of Cleveland and Maryville on their list.

JPATS might know the answer--- he is a diehard Morristown West fan. In his eyes they are the best team in the state in 4A, even after losing twice to the 3 time defending state Champions.

Why don't you show us your schedule and what week you play and it might help us decide.

Week Date Opponent

1 29-Aug-03 at Cleveland

2 05-Sep-03 at Cocke County

3 12-Sep-03 Jefferson County

4 19-Sep-03 at Maryville

5 25-Sep-03 Swain County, NC

6 03-Oct-03 Morristown East

7 10-Oct-03 David Crockett

8 17-Oct-03 at Greeneville

9 24-Oct-03 at Volunteer

10 31-Oct-03 Cherokee

There's Morristown-West's schedule...

After their spring scrimmage not much. If they can not compete with teams in 3A why would they be that great in 4A, especially with the likes of Cleveland and Maryville on their list.

JPATS might know the answer--- he is a diehard Morristown West fan. In his eyes they are the best team in the state in 4A, even after losing twice to the 3 time defending state Champions.

Why don't you show us your schedule and what week you play and it might help us decide.

uh, dude you don't know much about football. scrimmages are used for various purposes like to check out new players, build depth, arrange positions, practice different formations, etc... you cannot read much into the final score. most coaches don't care about the final score. for example, in 87 jeff co lost to knox central in a scrimmage 35-0, but they went on to win the state without a blemish on their record. furthermore, they were only challenged in three games out of 15 ( rhea co 21-17, tullahoma 21-13 and gallatin only for a half 28-10). west will win the state this yr in my opinion and its only blemish might happen in week 3 when they face a very strong jeff co team.

After looking at that schedule. Morristown West might have a few blemish's during tha first 4 weeks of the season. They have a very tough start and if they are able to get out of that with a 4-0 record then i think they will have proven themselves for a championship run. Who all did they scrimmage in the spring and what were the results?

JPATS5 does have a point. You can't always go by scrimmages. I remember the spring of 98 MHS killed Soddy Daisy and MHS fans already had reservations booked to Nashville. Then the Fall scrimmages came. I remember MHS going to Dobyns Bennet in a 4 way scrimmage. Dobyns Bennett,Clinton and Morristown West beat Maryville in those scrimmages. I remember how mad Tim Hammontree was. That scrimmage got their attention.

Let's see at Cleveland, The big running back down there will run around and over mo west for about three scores and the passing game with clevelands speed will add two more. 35-10 Cleveland.

0-1

At Cocke County Moo west should pick up thier 1st win in a close one. Those farm boys in Cocke Co are building a program that is about 1.5 years away and will cause the region some concern.

1-1

Jefferson County with Coach Medows in his third year will come to town with a cross-town rivial sprit. They will pound Mo West on thier home turf on thier way to an undefeated regular season.

1-2

At Maryville you really don't want to know what will happen here, it will be ugly, again.

1-3

Swain County? Well this small country school should be no match for a TN 4A region champ like West.

2-3

Morristown East if the new coach can keep some of the good players off the West squad, East could re-build the program. 3-3

David Crockett in an upset, 3-4

Greeneville will win this year but lose in the play-offs 3-5

Volunteer will give it a game but Mo west will route this youn team 4-5

Cherokee not sure, West 5-5

West will be second in the region behind Greenville My $.02 worth

I hate to say it having attended West, but their days of winning

big are over. I went to the scrimmage at Anderson County and they looked awful. They were soft, their offensive line wouldn't block anybody and they had no passing game.

They have pretty good talent on defense, but they don't play hard.

The most disturbing thing to me was that they seemed to have

no leadership. They really didn't care that they got beat.

With the schedule they have if they play like that they are in

big trouble (2-8, 3-7). I hope i'm wrong, but I don't think

so.

Cuz and flyinpro you all got to be the biggest haters on coacht yall can say that hidin behind a fake name .If yall pay attention to mo west football then yall should know that Coach Woods and company will not let that happen. will have to much talent on D to let anybody run on us including levonte barber,or anyone else.and david crockett is going to beat us what kind of stuff is that. but respect not givin to you it is earned, so i guess we going to have to prove ourself.to everyone.p.s this is peewee#98 cuz who are u hater