Morristown West

TrojanMan42

After every year people say that Morristown West is finished because their glory class has graduated. But thats never the case, its all about the coaching. I would take Wests staff over anybody in the state because they produce every year with different kids. Maryville coaches will be challanged this year because there will be a lot of new starters trying to fill the shoes of the great class that passed on. Even though they saw a lot of action its a lot harder to play the stater roll than it is to be a backup and come into the game. When you are a 2 or a 3 every snap does not matter. When you are a one everything changes. West will win the region with ease this yaer because there is not enough offensive talent on any conference team to compare to their defense. If anybody things i am wrong you can leave a post and i will take you to a west game. I dont care if i have to drive to west tennessee, and if you are not satisfied then ill buy you a steak dinner. But the bottom line is west does not get any respect and they deserve a lot. They have done better than any other team in the past 3 years except for maryville. If west and maryville were on different sides of the state then they would be playing every year cuz we all know the east side of the state brachet is where the champions are. So give the guys respect or let me know, and i will let the boys gain it by showing you first hand a TROJAN FOOTBALL GAME

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, I don’t hate any team of kids playing HS Ball. They all work too hard and have respect for this fact alone. For three years now I have heard how good Mo West is and will win it all. A very arrogant statement to be sure. And then every year they fold early in the play-offs. Last year Maryville could have scored 100 if GQ had not called the 2nd string off. I don’t use names as a habit, but Barber from Cleveland is a big time back and will get his yards on West, you can count on it. Barber is much better than was Riggs in my opinion and I have heard has a real work ethic, unlike Mr. Riggs had at Rhea Co. I watch and follow HS ball because it is last bastion of pure football. West will be .500 in a weak region again this year. My job takes me to Elizabethton, JC, Bristol, Kingsport. Knoxville, Cleveland, Chattanooga and Morristown. I have watched some practices over the years and am not too impressed by Morristown. None the less good luck to you and your team.

West will win the region with ease this yaer because there is not enough offensive talent on any conference team to compare to their defense.

AcrossTheTracks 8905

Put down that crack pipe and listen up. If you reallly believe your statement then you have a rude awakening coming. First of all West has not done better than any other team the last three years. Does Hillsboro ring a bell? Many others come to mind also but for the sake of argument I will tell you that West has gotten respect the last few years. They have had good tough teams but they have competed in an area that is historically weak. This weakness shows when they reach the playoffs.

Your statements are ludicrous and off base and I'm sure embarrassing to West supporters.

The one thing I respect about West is Stan Ballard. Haven't saw Stan in a while but I hope he is doing well.

By the way...........I perfer a filet.............medium please

JPATS5...........my boy scooter plays free safety, not corner. game time tyler brown plays corner. cody cantrell mans the other corner. that gives us 2 corners who are 6'2". and aaron carson teams up w/my boy scoot at strong safety. noah vickers is weakside backer, dez reliford in the middle, and mr. vandy himself jeff jennings plays strongside backer. strong side DE will probably be brian cook. he transfered from oklahoma and he is strong as a darn ox. weak side DE will ravon bly and billy luther can play strong and weak. DT is the where their are questions. we've got one of the best but he's got a bad attitude and wants to play for himself. something coach meadows is not high on. we will win the state this year in 5A. undefeated season!!!!!!

For the record, I don’t hate any team of kids playing HS Ball.  They all work too hard and have respect for this fact alone.  For three years now I have heard how good Mo West is and will win it all.  A very arrogant statement to be sure.  And then every year they fold early in the play-offs.  I watch and follow HS ball because it is last bastion of pure football. 

West will be .500 in a weak region again this year. 

flyinpro,

I can assure you that most (if not all) Morristwon West fans have

respect for Maryville and their program. I for one have given them so many kudos on this site that I get accused of being a closet Maryville fan. I am also a big enough person to admit that they have beaten us to death 3 times in the last 2 years. Sure some people get carried away and say stupid things on here, but don't let that distort the facts.

That being said I was just wondering how you could say that West folds early in the play-offs every year? I wouldn't say that going to the quarterfinals in 2000, and the semi-finals in 2001 and 2002 exactly qualifies as "folding." I am also very proud of last year's team. Most teams would have "folded" after getting destroyed like the Trojans did in week 4. However, these same kids won 9 in a row and gave themselves another shot at the Red Rebels. Yes they lost again and I tip my hat to Maryville for that.

You also said that West will be .500 in a weak region again this year. When was the last time west went .500 overall or in their region? Maybe they will this year, but it will be the first time in a long time.

I know Maryville will be great again this year and I look to forward

to week 4 when Morristown West comes up there. Good luck

to the Rebels.

Edited by transplant

What? I cannot believe a read this ridicilous post. Morristown West returns 10-of-11 starters on defense. Kaleb Goforth, Pee-wee Fanney, and Emanuel Fredericks. Those are Division 1 football players. Also, they have Adam Shockley and Charles Rucker returning in the backfield. How can ANYONE say West will be a .500 team or even a 2-8 squad. I know they have a tough schedule, plus the Swain County, N.C. contest. But, to say they will be a .500 team is crazy. But, West's biggest factor in their returnees is Don D. Woods. Please do not forget that. They will ALWAYS win with him there. West is not afraid to play the tough schedule. Once again, they will challenge for the state title; end of discussion. Oh yeah, another reply for the guy who said Jefferson County will go undefeated and win a state title......HA. You are a comedian.

What? I cannot believe a read this ridicilous post. Morristown West returns 10-of-11 starters on defense. Kaleb Goforth, Pee-wee Fanney, and Emanuel Fredericks. Those are Division 1 football players. Also, they have Adam Shockley and Charles Rucker returning in the backfield. How can ANYONE say West will be a .500 team or even a 2-8 squad. I know they have a tough schedule, plus the Swain County, N.C. contest. But, to say they will be a .500 team is crazy. But, West's biggest factor in their returnees is Don D. Woods. Please do not forget that. They will ALWAYS win with him there. West is not afraid to play the tough schedule. Once again, they will challenge for the state title; end of discussion. Oh yeah, another reply for the guy who said Jefferson County will go undefeated and win a state title......HA. You are a comedian.

hey, i agree with everything you said except for the last sentence about jeff co. dude, they are returning 15 starters from last yrs team that got better with each game. have you forgotten that they almost beat DB in the qtr finals. man, they were young and made great strides as the season went alone. they will field the fastest and most talented skill players in the state ( qb parker clement started off slow but finished with over 1300 yds passing & 10-12 tds, and was about 50% in the accuracy department, and this will be his third yr starting; scooter houston & vandy committed jeff jennings are two great backs that gained over 1000 yds apiece last season; tyler brown, wr, is a tremendous athlete that did not start playing football until his soph yr; he is becoming lethal. he averaged over 25 yds per catch last yr and made big time plays in big time games after he learned his position by mid-way through the season; cody cantrell, wr, another clutch receiver). like i said, this team fielded many jr's and soph's last season and anybody that watched them would say that they was very impressed with their progress. in short, west will have its hands full with jeff co this yr, and i wouldn't say it's being silly to say that they might just finish undefeated and win it all.

Flyinpro, don't think that because a few people from West seem arrogant sometimes, that everyone is that way. There's always gonna be people like that who build up their team and such. Hopefully it isn't the players, i've found that most of the time it's just a fan who doesn't realize he's fueling other team's fires.

Also, the Jeff county team will be very good this year, if the can handle DB in the playoffs they might have a shot at the title.

MLREB, Coach Ballard is back to coaching so he must be doin better than he was. i don't have any specifics though.

As i said before just because a team has been good in the past ,

doesnt mean they will be good now. I would like to think the

Trojans would be good, but I look at their schedule and think they

could easily be 1-4 to start the season (if they can beat Cocke County). I also think they will quit if this happens. They have

been so used to beating up on IMAC teams and Campbell County that I don't think they are ready for the big time.

I am not a hater. I just call thinkgs like I see them. I went to Mo West and I hope things work out great for them, i just don't look through rose-colored glasses.

"Swain County? Well this small country school should be no match for a TN 4A region champ like West." FLYINPRO,apparently you know little of the tradition of highschool football in Western North Carolina? This "small country school" lays claim to 6 state championship football teams and has the most playoff wins in the history of highschool football in North Carolina. In addition Swain County holds the record for the highest percentage of playoff wins at just over 79% since 1972. The Maroon Devils regularly play and win against 3-A teams. This year they open the season with two 3A teams and two 4-A teams (Motown West & ACR, NCHSAA 4-A champions.

I'm not saying the Devils are going to beat the Morristown team but I surely wouldn't bet against them either!

FYI: Swain County is the alma mater of Heath Shuler (little old QB from a "small country school"). Also Murphy High School (another Smoky Mtn Conference member) is the the alma mater of Carl Pickens. If you recall, both of these young men had a huge impact in U.T. football.

Edited by MaroonDevil