What player shined the most!?!?

jackal

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

How did Chris Grimes do for the East team? He is one of my personal favorites! And how about Taron Henry, was he up to speed?

If his receivers would've just caught the balls that hit them in the hands, Riverdale's Britton would've easily been the MVP of this thing. Without the benefit of replay, I'd say three TD passes were dropped - two on consecutive plays on fade throws that were right on the money. The collective speed of these all-star defenses makes it tough to run anything wide and it seems like the coaches are reluctant to just pound it. The West would've won without the 10-point catchup/kickoff rule. After the field goal made it 14-3, the West got a little confused about having to kick off without the opportunity to mount an answering drive. They never got momentum back.

The coaches of the west team did not utilize all their talent as the east team did; by the middle or end of the 3rd qtr, the west's players tongues were hangin out while their sidelines was loaded with fresh legs!!!!!!!!!!1 Lots of talent simply wasted at the cost of the team...just because a kid is a big name or signed with a college or whatever doesn't necessarily always mean he's the best...there's always someone better & waitin for his chance.

I agree with redlum, the west was just outcoached last night. West had the talent on the line and in the backfiled to run the ball right down the east throat. cothran from fairview is a tough kid who did get a chance to show off his talent. he had two carries the entire game and on both of the the line got destroyed by the east. the west shopuld of used more kids and they would have easily won the game. congrats to everyone on a hard fought game. good luck at the next level.

Region4fan. I only saw counted 5 players from region4 5a in the game. Crutchfield from LaVergne, Grimes from LaVergne, Henry and Britton from Riverdale, And turner from Blackman. Grimes and Turner both started at cornerback and played well throughout the game. Im good friends with grimes so i was watching him a lot and they didnt throw the ball to that side barely at all, same with rico. Crutchfield was playing tight end this game. And britton played good an henry only played the 1st half.

I could not help but notice Hixon's Nick Rivers at DE. He was constantly smoking the right tackle with his speed. He was in the backfield, forcing the West to hurry throws and running backs to alter their running lanes. He was not a MVP, but he was in my book.