What player shined the most!?!?

jackal

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The west was outcoached. I don't remember which side kept running the tackle eligable play, but they should kick it out of the playbook in an all star game. The Britton kid missed the long pass because he waited about 1 count too long to throw the ball. Receiver was 6 yards behind the db. Db had time to recover. A J Blackburn didn't get the ball because he was limping badly in the 2nd half. Looked like a hamstring problem. The backs who relied on speed to run outside were struggling.

dandy82,

The public address announcer stated that #68 was an eligible receiver and was playing TE, so I don't think it was a tackle eligible situation. He played most of the game if not the entire game at TE and made a good catch for a first down. 2-3 others times he was open but the QB chose to throw to another receiver.

College scouts are allowed to attend all-star games - just not D-1 coaches.

Rick Butler from Sewanee was there, sitting on the side of the West team. Don't know how much of the game he saw, he stayed on his cell phone most of the time.

Mike Heimerdinger of the TN. Titans was also there, but there are no recruiting rules against pro coaches attending.

;)

Edited by msgov

Thanks, I am very proud of Dale. He was hit pretty hard in the hip in the second quarter and didn't play again till after they wrapped him up at half time. I saw the paper down there and it said that Dale was signed with ETSU.

However, Dale is not signed with any school. I hope he will get a call. His heart is in it. He would love to play for college and I think he would be a great asset to any team. Good luck in the future to all the guys that played.

I had a son standing on the sidelines for the west that played very little in the 1st half; he did very well those few plays, but did not play anymore...he was rushed out on the field with 42 seconds left on the clock & east took a knee. Several more kids for the west did not play at all. What a waste! These kids are the best in our state & should have been treated as such. The west coaches kept sending out the same players as if they had no one left & I assure you, the ones that kept playing were no more talented than the ones awaiting their fair turn...

All kids on both teams played. The best players played the most. Some kids were injured during the week of practice and some during the game, so they did not, bc of injury, get to play as much as the others. The West had 3 original offensive linemen drop out late in the spring and others were picked up late to take thier place. This game is about helping the Shriners and not about selfish reasons of "my son didn't get to play enough". Remember, the west was up 14-0 when the East kicked a field goal and then recieved the ensuing kickoff. Kind of a momentum killer.

You are right about the game being to help the shriners and nobody said that it wasn't but the west's coaches were idiots. They kept the same tired legs in there for pretty much the whole time. It was horrilbe. They didn't really give Cothran a chance to run the ball at all and Bobby played very little compared to the overweight, unversitile linemen on his team. When I was watching the tape of the game Sunday Morning they kept going on about #70 from the west and how he was going to Arkansas. I say let them have him, he was slow, he missed several blocks, and held a lot. I'm pretty sure he was playing center and he might of been the only center but the other starters were just like him. Maybe at Sycamore he could play his starters for the whole game, but in a game like this, in the middle of the summer, you can't. ;)

These kids had a whole week to impress their respective coaching staffs. If your kid didn't get anything done Monday through Friday, why would/should he - or you - expect anything more than mop-up duty on game day. I've seen it first-hand, these kids are not used to sitting out. Most were two-way studs on their respective teams and don't handle backup duties well. Mix a little pouting and moping around with some lack of conditioning and you're rightly grabbing a lot of bench come Saturday.

In response to fsurules: Babcock from Gordonsville played relatively well. I saw him make a few tackles and I think a sack. I thought for the amount of blocking that was there, that T.T. Harper from Trousdale Co. had a good game. He was by far the smallest person on the field but still held his own with a good kickoff return, a key 3rd Down conversion close to the goal line to keep a drive alive for the East to take the lead, and also had a great run when he was tossed the ball and had absolutely no blocking but was able to juke his way and cut across the field to get a few yards. I was proud of T.T. Although I thought that there could have been a little better quarterbacking. I thought Healy from Boyd was better that what he played and Britton threw the ball well but made some stupid decisions. I spend a lot of my time watching Region 4-3A and I believe that the Satterfield kid from Trousdale was better or at least as good as either one of the East qbs. Him and T.T. work good together at Trousdale and are the best combination in Region 4-3A