Maryville LB's

rebels4peat

I was wondering, who is gonna be the linebackers for the Rebels this year. I hear alot of different opinions alot and havent really heard anything from the coaches. From what i heard and have seen Larry Hannon looks to be a good LB, not very big but i heard he's tough as nails. I've heard good and bad things about Dee Arrington. Some people have told me he doesnt do much work in the weight room, heard he's cocky and doesnt really belive that anyone can take his spot. And thats where i come to Matt Valentine. I saw him the other day and i was just like WOW, he has gotten really big and looks really well.. If anyone that knows anything about maryville tell me what you think about the LB situation for Maryville. And lets get that 4th in a row. Thanks

i have heard since early this year that it would be hannon, arrington and zack thomason. I have also heard adam parnell mentioned as a possibility. and if arrington is dogging it he wont last long. there are other guys like valentine, and anthony jackson just to name a few who could step in.

I was told by a coach that the upcoming Sophmore linebackers may be the best ever at Maryville. That would be Valentine-Jackson-Tucker. I expect, and it may already have happen, Tucker to go to the D-line. Tucker is already a 6'1" and 225 athletic kid. He started on the kick-off team at the end of last season. Can't remember ever seeing a Freshman start on any varsity unit at Maryville. The freshman linebackers are also outstanding - Tanner Caylor-Joseph Miranda-Ryan Singleton. Opposing teams in the future will need a nice supply of Goody's.

Edited by MLREB

Valentine may be the best of the bunch. Big kid who lives in the weight room. He is definately the biggest hitter of the bunch. I was also told that Valentine was pushing for a starting position.

I have heard good things about valentine also. If these young guys are pushing the upperclassmen that can only be a good thing in regards to depth. One thing for sure with Quarles and Gaylor in charge the best will play regardless of class. I remember when Andrew Hodge replaced a senior at DE two years ago and then made a huge defensive play in the 2001 championship game.

I hope they cover the field a little better than those guys did last year.  I'd say one more year like that one and GQ is gonna be on the hot seat.  There is no room for complacency.  Like Coach always said, "You'd better get better or I'm going to lose my d#$% job!"

billygoat2, you really are a bit slow, so i will disregard your post on this thread. however, if you beg to differ, allow me to clairify the facts: you don't know jack. p.s. oh, if you think your little pic is cool, it is, not. it only shows that your iq is somewhere between 70-85.

Edited by JPATS5

I heard that Dee Arrington was very lazy and isnt the most athletic person you have ever seen so if that is so hes not going to be doing much this year,maybe not even starting. I heard that Parnell plays the same place and so does valentine. Arrington may not be what he thinks hes going to be if sourcs are true. Hannon on the ther hand is who everyone is going to be carried by. Thomason i heard was really good but needed more playing time to get everything sunk in.

Larry Hannon needs to get bigger. He is tough as a pine knot though. He made 2 plays last year that stick out in my mind. In the 1st Morristown West game he ran down on a kickoff and busted up the wedge and at the same time Zack Thomason nailed the ball carrier. The 2nd play was on the onside kickoff in the state title game he ran downfield and nailed #63 from Hillsboro and that kept Hillsboro from recovering the ball.

I can't wait to see Matt Valentine play. How big is Matt Valentine? Is he 200 lbs?

I hope Anthony Jackson,Zack Thomason,Larry Hannon and others step up and do the job because it would probably be nice to keep Parnell at running back as much as possible.

It looks like the sophomore class may have some good players. Who will be the sophomores that help out a lot? I bet MLREB could answer this? MLREB is a fountain of knowledge.

Edited by REBELRON